Packing his stuff and I don't feel a thing...

Old 04-04-2006, 04:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ICU
Oh here we go.....

Started moving some of my clothes over to 'that new space'. Ran across some Victoria Secret nightgowns he bought for me in our 'happy / falling in love days'. I almost felt a tear well up when I put them in the trash bin. They're going out into the dumpster before the night is through. I could never wear those again...too many good memories (ICU blushing). I don't need to give myself any stupid ideas!!!

One good thing here...after 30yrs, I either couldn't fit into them or the fabric might be rotted! haha
Old 04-04-2006, 04:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StandingStrong

On a side note - if it makes you feel better to know - ah moved out in early May of 2004. It is now early April of 2006 and there are still items of his here. Granted, some of them are large things (gun cabinet, tools in garage, etc) but there are some small things as well. His robe still hangs on the back of my bedroom closet, a basket that always sat by the front door for him to unload his pockets into is still there with some items in it. I really forget they are there - as I see them so often that it's become a part of the fixture, so to speak. But every now and then, I'll notice and I'll wonder why in the world they are still there! LOL. Just odd how it is.

You are doing good, girl. Just hang in there!
Odd........mine moved even a bit longer ago than that and I noticed just recently, his bathrobe (I made it for him years ago) is still hanging on the hook on the bathroom door. That is one thing I just am still not ready to do yet.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ICU

The robe on the back of the door huh? I understand that. I left his green towel on the towel rack for about 7 months. Took it down while decorating for Christmas. Still haven't washed it! It's on the bottom of his laundry basket with his other dirty clothes. Ooooh! Another area of his I have to pack up! LOL!

I guess we all have 'those' items that we haven't found the reason to pack away or get rid of yet. I guess in time we will.

I'm struggling to let the feelings I have about these things 'truly out'. I'm hiding behind humor and I know I'm doing it. If I don't let myself feel those feelings....it will bite me before too long. I know me all too well....if I don't get these feelings out, if they are truly still there, I'll end up making a very stupid choice! BTDT!!!!

It could be that to feel those feelings means I'm betraying myself, and the stand that I have taken for my recovery. Or, maybe I've shed all the tears that I'm going to shed. Don't know how this will play out. But I did get pretty darn close to feeling it when I came across those nighties!

I'll probably know the answer when I go to sleep tonight. My dreams reveal alot about how I'm feeling.