Alnon

Old 01-13-2006, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alnon

i hear everyone talking about how great the alnon mettings are. i live in the country. how do i find out were to find one near me???? another thing i was wondering is do your husbands know that you are on this site?? mine don't as he would probably get man and i would quit coming here. he always says that he only drinks about 2 or 3 times a week so several times i have started keeping track of it for a month or so and then told him and he got mad. i've been reading a lot of posts and the thing i've finally realized is that no matter how many times i try talking to him, try to make him understand i can't do it, it really is up to him. i wish i could change him. anyway just wondering thanks.
Nicky
Old 01-13-2006, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/meetings/meeting.html

Welcome....

Meetings are what keep my sanity. My sanity comes first and foremost.

If you are an adult, you are allowed to visit any website you chose.

Dont be a slave to what anyone else wants or doesnt want you to do.

If his drinking bothers you, in any amount, then al anon is for you. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((Neno)))

Welcome! My H definatly knows that I come here. I hope that we can help you find what you are looking for here. Keep posting and reading it helps...
Old 01-13-2006, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'd forgotten about that...mine used to complain to people "the only reason I thought he had a problem, that of course he was sure no one else believed, was that I read too much about it." Haha......never felt the NEED before! hah

Keep coming back! Reading and posting are very helpful, IMO!
Old 01-13-2006, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ritabee

When I told my A that I was in a support group (another website) he became very sarcastic but he didn't try to stop me from reading and posting. The night he hit me he accused me of hanging out with my "alcoholic friends"...as if I needed to come online to find MORE alcoholic behavior than what I was already dealing with.

He now knows that I search online for whatever help I can find for ME and he is very supportive. I have started going to Al Anon and he supports me in that too. He says he notices a change in me and I'm trying not to interfere in his drinking/recovery, whichever he is working on today. He has even asked me to send him some websites where he can research his alcoholism on his own.

But, even if he was not supportive I would be here anyways because I need to be with people who understand.