new year... new hope

Old 01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new year... new hope

Tonight was a step one discussion.... and it really makes sense as the new year begins.

I see better this year than one year ago that my faults helped to aggravate the unmanagability of my life... and I choose my reactions better now.

I pray and only take on those things my HP intended me to be able to do... I give up the job of God because I was really bad at it.

I am helpless.... helpless to change my loved ones decisions... but not helpless enough that I cannot pray.

I am helpless to change the fact he suffers from a disease... but not helpless enough to give up on me.

I am helpless to change the things I did in the past... but not the things I choose to do in the future.

I am helpless in many ways.... but... I have hope... and where you see hope... you see choices... and where there are choices... there is God guiding your hand to do better today than you did yesterday.

One year ago I thought my dearest love would be dead of his disease. I got sick with him, I healed thru alanon.... and in this chaos of finding me.. He found him. All the yelling and crying did nothing. Only his choice of life rather than death guided him.

I have much to be grateful for this new year.... and I hope for others the happiness I have found as I walked away frustrated and angry... only to find God changed this man to one I happily walk hand in hand with now.

quietsins
Old 01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A beautiful post. Thank you for sharing... your story, and the hope.

faith