I need some advise from my friends

Old 10-03-2005, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need some advise from my friends

Hi guys. It's been some time since I have come to you. Happy or sad..but now I have a great need. I have talked often of my youngest son. I always gave my kids cutisey names..but no more....

His name is Ryan. He is now 17 and for the last 12 weeks he has been in jail. No..not drugs or alcohol...he got even stupider than that. Knowlingly and without remorse (at the time) he broke in to cars ... from what I am told..many many cars..and then went right along with the others when one of the brightest of the bunch said "Hey man...lets do the house". He did...they had NO IDEA if someone was in that house...but they did it anyway knowing full well that they would have to do whatever it took to get back OUT of that house. I am just mortified. I am beyond hurt...I am grieving the loss of yet another one of my children. I am not bailing him out..I learned my lesson with SonnyBoy about that.

But you know what?!?! He isn't asking. We talk sometimes..but I don't go visit him. I did twice...nope..cant do it. I have put some money on his commissary card..not much..enough for paper and pens.

I came here when I was at my lowest and found the help and friendship I needed to stay sane. Does anyone know of support groups for those of us that have a child in jail? Surely there has to be one...
Old 10-03-2005, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh that is awful....I feel so bad for your son's situation and how it must affect you.
I can't help with an support groups, maybe someone else may come along with that info. I have 2 boys ages 14 and 16 so far so good I pray it stays this way! (((LovingMom)))
Old 10-03-2005, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that lovingmom - i don't know of any support groups like that either i'm afraid. prayers to you for peace, serenity and finding a support group!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hiya Mom, glad you're back.
Sorry it's under such sad circumstances.
I'm not sure how you would find the support group you mentioned.
Maybe through Social Services in your area?
Hang in there Mom, sending some love and light your way.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((LM)))))

I am so sorry you are going thru this with your son. I don't know of any group specifically for people who have loved ones in jail or prison but I do know many of us here have had and do have loved ones who are in jail. I know myself how frustrating it can be to see a loved one constantly causing chaos for themselves and others by getting into trouble with the law I hate it....