Tonight's A&E Intervention Show

Old 08-28-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tonight's A&E Intervention Show

Tonight on Intervention:

"
Kelly and Mark
Sunday, August 28 10:00PM ET/PT

Family and friends decide that an intervention is their only hope of saving two men: Kelly, a man with a 160 IQ who lives on the streets and survives on beer and other people's spare change, and Mark, who's so addicted to painkillers that he's had a morphine pump surgically implanted in his abdomen."

Intervention
Old 08-28-2005, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Thanks for the reminder GF!
Old 08-28-2005, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2005, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Intervention is one of those shows that I can't miss. It's fascinating to watch how the different addicts react to the intervention.

Amy
Old 08-29-2005, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

wow, i'd never seen this show before and...i couldn't watch it past the first few minutes. too painful with everything that's going on with the A in my life.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That was a SAD show last night! Kelly just did NOT wanna get sober. Went through 50+ days in treatment only to get out and go to the nearest liquor store and get beer.

Mark's story was sad, too, because his wife had cancer and he had to move out while he was on his painkillers, so he wasn't there for her when she died.

BUT,....he completed the treatment and got clean!

I REALLY learn alot from that show and hope they keep it going. It's great education for us all.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That just made me so sick when I saw Kelly leave the rehab center and go get beer right away, just a waste of life.

All in all, a sad story though Mark did get better.

I caught the last half of the show.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I gotta wonder though.... who is paying for his cell phone? I wasn't clear on where he was getting his money to buy the "space bag" (wine in a box instead of a bottle) and beer. Does he make that much panhandling?

Amy
Old 08-29-2005, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm an RN and I've seen several homeless people with cell phones. I've heard you can make a lot panhandling.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Gratefully, though, congress is talking about making a law against panhandling. THey'll have to have licenses to do that.

There was a lady in NYC that would leave her house everyday looking disheveled and had torn clothes on. Homeless attire.

She'd go to her one corner every day and pan handle. She made more $ than my x H did per year and that was quite a bit. ALL TAX FREE!

She did this interview for a newspaper reporter. I'm sure the IRS or somebody caught up with her after that.

I work for a huge homeless shelter in CO. I see them sleeping under bridges in the bitter cold and summer heat. Alot are there because of bad times. Some just chose that kind of lifestyle. But, since unemployment is still up in CO, it makes alot of people mad when asked for change from the homeless. They just tell them "go get a job like everyone else".

I won't give strangers $ if they're asking for it. I will, however, will give them a bottle of water and trail mix.