legally speaking, what if...

Old 10-23-2002, 05:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ekp
Paused

legally speaking, what if...

i need some legal advice. i'm afraid my husband may bring drugs into the house when i'm not here. what if he did it while watching the kids? i can't be sure he won't do it while watching the kids. that scares the hell out of me.

my question is: what if i caught him with drugs in the house and he would not leave when asked so i call the police. what would happen to him legally if i did that? i would not want to do that to him but i also do not want him to cross a boundary line he knows he should not cross b/c crossing that line puts innocent babies in danger and disrespects my choices as well. i don't want my kids taken away from me b/c i left them with someone who may do drugs while watching them. so say i called the police on him, what would happen?
Old 10-23-2002, 05:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

EKP,

I know when I found some of my son's drug paraphenalia in the house, I went to the local police station and asked questions about the legal implications to ME if my house was raided etc etc. That may not be an option for you. The others will be around soon and may have more insight for you.

I know this is a difficult time for you. Know that we love you and you are NOT alone.

Hugs
Osier59
Old 10-23-2002, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

ekp

If you have any lawyer friends maybe you could ask them. The laws vary from state to state. Of if there are any addiction centres that offer information, maybe they could tell you too.

Your concerns are valid and I would search out a reliable answer for the area where you live.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ekp,
my lawyer told me that my childrens welfare is my responsibility. if i don't do the right thing that i can end up with the court steppping in. frightening!! my 14 year-old made some stupid choices and we will be going to family court soon. so scary!! ii don't mean to scare you, it's just happening here in our alchoholic family.. i'm trying not to protect the disease anymore. i think it's been a major factor in my denial. yuck!! good luck, i think the answers will come to you now that you're starting to question
hugs sugar
Old 10-23-2002, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I had a friend just go through this. They took the kids and left her in a real mess. She got the kids back with the stipulation that she leave her husband. She had to move in with family because she could not afford child care so she couldn't work.

She almost lost her kids. She truely didn't know her husband was doing drugs so she was able to keep the kids. If she had known and allowed it they would not have given her the kids back.

This is in California so I don't know if the same applies where you live.

Give it some serious thought. All it would take is a call from a neighbor.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-23-2002, 10:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

My house got raided by the cops. There were no drugs thank god, but he had been under watch and I had no idea! When they raided us (keep in mind I follow the law, and dont do drugs) they had me in handcuffs and were going to call the child welfare services to take the kids. I lucked out that they didn't but I don't think it matters if it is your drugs or his. It is russian roulette. Doesn't it suck that we even have to worry about this! Good luck...
Old 10-24-2002, 11:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I didn't even ralize this. I told my husband he could not grow pot here because my name is on the deed of the house and I didn't want to get in trouble. He has pot in the house all the time. It looks like I am going to have to set up a new boundary. This is going to be trouble. He's going to tell me that I'm blowing this out of proportion and making a big deal out of nothing. Well, this got my attention.

Thanks,

Searching
Old 10-24-2002, 12:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, that was typical. He's such a good manipulator, I get tongue tied. I told him that I read that I could get my kids taken away from me if there are drugs found in the house and I knew about it. He said that he would say that I had no knowledge of it. What do you say???!!!

He also said that they don't care about someone who smokes a little weed once and a while.

DENIAL IS NOT JUST A RIVER EGYPT

Searching