Hello everyone

Old 05-14-2005, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

I just wanted to say hello. I am so happy right now because I found a place to go to talk to others with similar situations. I am in a very rocky realtionship of 4 years with an Alcoholic. I recently read the book Getting them Sober and went on to finding a place to share what I go through. I have read so many of your posts and can relate to so many of them. It is very comforting for me to know that I am not alone. I do not have to be alone, there are others out there just like me. Tonight I have no idea where my boyfriend is. I dont care for the first time in a long time. I am at the stage in my realtionship where I have had enogh of him and now I am focusing on me. Reading your posts and the book has help start to make me stronger. I hope I too can help someone like this board has helped me. Its so nice to be here.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Have you found a local Al-anon meeting? As far as I'm concerned, nothing has helped me more! This forum helps reinforce what I learn and allows us more time to share...but the real "work" is, IMHO, the results of my meetings.

Hope you put your feet up, read and hang out with us!
Old 05-15-2005, 12:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I havent been able to attend any meetings. I know there was a place that held meetings not far from my home, that just closed. I live in a small town and people talk, which is one of the reasons the rehab in town was shut down. It seems people in the town didnt want the" bad element" around. Its very sad. I know a lot of people that went to meetings there and did very well. Im finding lots of support through message boards and books. Is amazing how just doing little things goes so far with my boyfriend. I was not at his beckon call tonight and he had to pay 40 dollars for a 2 minute cab ride. I felt so good to see him alone with his problems. And for the first time, I didnt make his mine. Thanks for the welcome!