I had a _________ day

Old 04-16-2005, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sdp

I had a _________ day

I'm not sure if I had a good day or a bad day.

Hub has been semi good for a few weeks (neighbor who was a safe place for him to go has moved) and also wanted to be sure I noticed it. I hadn't really.

Anyway, we had a wedding to go to today. It's a girl he used to work with and a group of HIS work buddies were going to be there. Reception only.

He went out right after work last night. Did not come home. About 9am, I go out to the car to run to the store. His work van is behind me in the driveway. Hub is not home, nor are the keys. So I borrowed a neighbor's vehicle.

When I get home, I see hub getting out of the van which he moved to the street and going inside. One of his boozo buddies' car is across the street, right where I have to put neighbor's van. I get out and ask him to move up. He does (obviously waiting for hub to come out.

Hub comes out, saying he came home to move the van, and said he was going to the bar for just 2 hours. I reminded him of the wedding (at 6:30) and say that I will not go with him drunk (him,not me) "OK"..

Can you guess where this is leading? At about 2 I figured there was no way he was going to be home in time to get some sleep and wash the stench off himself. He is too annoying when he is drunk like that, and I certainly do not want to be out in public with him like that. (Edited- also, by this time, I was HOPING he wouldn't come home so there would be no chance of a scene- me leaving, him insisting I wait while he showers, etc. I even took the invitation with me- he had no idea where it was, I think)

So, I have a dilemna- do I just stay home, or do I go by myself? We have already responded yes, and it is so rude to not go to something like that. However, these are HIS friends. I know them, and like them, but still.. I even have a babysitter who will take the girls overnight. I bought a new dress, purse, even PANTYHOSE.

So, I go. I felt so awkward, tho. I do like some of the wives/GFs,so I talked to them. It did work out, as, due to hub's absence, another coworker at another table was able to join us. I left right after the first dances, as they were playing slow music, and I didn't want the other couples to think they needed to "keep me company".

On my way home I was thiking of stopping by the bar he was going to this morning,as it is very close to home, but decided against it. Too tired. He might be there, might not. I have no idea

So, just playing on the Internet with a beer. I didn't drink at the wedding, as I was going to be driving home by myself at night.

So, I'm not sure if I had a good day or a bad day. Medium??

Sigh. I think I'll go to bed.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

(((sdp)))

I just went to the first wedding of my life alone a couple of weeks ago. Ward had just had surgery and they all knew but it was still very strange. I only went to the church.

I think what you did was very brave and you probably "outed" him a bit.

All in all I would be proud! And don't let him give you any lip!

Hugs,
JT
Old 04-17-2005, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sdp

Thanks JT.
He won't give me any lip. He knows he;'s been bad. How do I know? He's not home yet!!! He stays away when he thinks I'm mad.

His work buddies drink with him so they were not really surprised.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sdp

Actually I do have a questin now--

I have to go into work today. As I don't know if he will be in time to be with the kids, I have to look for a babysitter.

I was thinking of asking SIL who lives 3 blocks away. However, should I be mean and ask SIL who has taken advantage of me with her kid? Kinda to see if she will finally do something for me? My kids would prefer to go to her house, anyway...
Old 04-17-2005, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sdp

Well, he did call. Had been at a friend's house. Woke up with no ride, so he'll take the bus home. He knew better than to ask me to come get him!!!

He also sounded like he really HAD slept, so no need to scramble for a babysitter,thankfully.