Busting my serenity

Old 04-05-2005, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Busting my serenity

So what are the things you know you shouldn't do because they will bust that serenity?

Case in point: My ex A is an AMAZING flamenco guitarist..unfortunately I believe his alcoholism will keep him from ever hitting it big..I love the music but have not been able to listen to anything remotely flamenco or Latin in the 6 months since we broke up..

Just to see if I could take it (because I love the music) ..I tried to listen to Ottmar Liebert, one of my favorite nuevo flamenco musicians..

Nope - SERENITY BUSTED..here come the tears..damn and I thought I was over him..(Still can't look at pictures of my ex yet either..got to stay away from his website..)

Got to stop putting that hand in the fire..just not worth it..
Old 04-05-2005, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

busting my serenity? every time i see a dog getting hit i think of my A. and every time i smell beef being bbq'd. sick i know but it reminds me of how close he came to death and he still just doesnt get it.. and that busts my serenity.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Last night I was out for dinner with my mother. An elderly lady who lives in the apartment complex my brother's girlfriend manages stopped by the table to inquire how my brother is doing in rehab. She said the girlfriend had told her my brother is "fighting" treatment. Not being able to go anywhere in this small town without being reminded of my brother's problems is a serenity buster for me.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zoe

No busters, Just wanted Minx to know that I love Ottmar Liebert also. I was introduced to his music in my doctors office. I immediatley went out and bought a CD.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so far from serenity at this point, that I can't wait to recognize something as a serentiy buster! Probably running into my ex-ABF best friend 3 days after we broke up wasn't easy - he didn't know about the break up yet, which means the ex is probably wallowing.... sigh....
Old 04-06-2005, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I get emails that basically say "I wish I could be with you, but at the same time, I will hold you willingly at arms length, physically and emotionally."

Thank goodness tonight is meeting night!!