Hooray!!!

Old 07-29-2002, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Hooray!!!

YEAH!!!

I just had the best day. Dad got released from detox today. The councelor told me when I got there that he saw no reason to have him stay in a 21 day facility as he wanted to go back to the rest home where he stayed in January. I couldn't believe my ears and really didn't until later. Dad told me in the car that he thought this might be a temporary answer to his problem. I asked why he thought temporary? He said that he wanted to get his strength back and then he could go home. Well, I hit him with the bad news. The sheriff demanded his drivers license. After Dad called 911 nine times just before going to detox, they reviewed his insurance record and discovered what I already knew. He has had 7 accidents in 12 months. They told me to confiscate his DL. So, I had to. Dad wasn't pleased, but accepted the fact that now he had no choice but to stay and that it was probably for the best. I am selling the house ASAP and using the money for his living expenses. That should help. The funny this is that I had my moment of clarity last night. I finally realized that I was going to have to force him to go to the rest home or walk away. I really didn't want to but my health is suffering. Found out this morning that I have an ucler the size of a half dollar. That is pretty big! They are giving me anti-biotics, so it should go away with time. Long story short, I am very happy that Dad made his own decisions.

Sorry to go on so long, but this has been a long time coming!

Know that I pray for you every day!

Lolly
Old 07-29-2002, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey Lolly

Good news about the license. I know when my mother kept hitting everything in sight (and she was sober)..that it was time.

I think at this time of their life, it is good for them to be with other peole their age, to share old times with. And knowing that we love them and are around to visit and be with them still, is so comforting to them. My mother lived until 90 and when she died 5 years ago she was happy.

Your dad and you are both in my prayers.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lolly, lolly, lolly!

That is such great news! I know it's a load off your mind.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 07-30-2002, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great News, God is surely working with you to resolve this issue. I send energy your way for the transition. take care.