i need advice ...PLEASE HELP!

Old 01-06-2005, 11:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This thread has me in tears...how blind we become when we love someone.

boilerchik, you are young and it's time to put yourself first and move on. Don't settle for less than wonderful.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Now that you have alot of advise to think about. Here's some facts you may not know,

Alcoholisn is a progressive disease!

Alcoholism is a family disease! It affects everyone it comes into contact with. Lover, spouses, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, friends and bosses. It is a cunning, insidious, baffling disease.

Alcoholism kills marrages, relationships, respect, and love.

Living with alcoholism is to much for most of us WITHOUT help. There is help all around you dear. Take a good read around the sticky posts at the top of this forum. There you will find help.

I found the help I needed several years ago in Al-Anon. Having a sponsor, working the steps, going to meetings, reading the literature gave me exactly what I needed to really live then and to really live today.

May you find the help you need today.
Love and prayers from one who cares.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by boilerchic32
he's a good person, he treats me better than anyone ever has, and he has one of the greatest hearts of anyone i've ever met

Honestly, after five months...you really do not know this. You may think you do, but trust me you do NOT. Especially not if he is an alcoholic. I could have (actually I think I did) write these very same words to my friend after a few months of dating my ex-BF. And I think someone has already said it in their post here. Everything was great as long as things went HIS way. AFter the initial bloom was off the relationship and I saw that I had given too much yet again. I tried to back off, pull in, begin to take as well as give....then the you-know-what hit the fan.

I first broke up with him months ago. He still calls... begs, threatens, yells, cries, and so on . He does have a good heart. But you would not believe what he has put me through. It is jsut mind boggling. This disease is a bad one and until I had experienced it myself...I just would not have believed anyone could behave this way.