Discussion/Anti Depressants

Old 07-15-2002, 03:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Josie,

Zoloft is a good medication and will work really well on your anxiety. I was also sick to my stomach the first week when I started Prozac. That side effect didn't last too long. Neither did the headaches.

The only side effect that is left is an uncontrolable urge to yawn. I just can't stop yawning.

So maybe you could give it just a little longer.

Hugs,

MG

Old 07-15-2002, 03:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Constant and thank you for your concern, but although they sound similar they are not the same. Mine are not addictive and also are very mild...just enough to calm me down, and Like I said I take about 3 a month, less now. I am sorry your husband's were bad stuff.

And WAI - welcome back - I have seen you for so long. Hope you are keeping okay.

This has turned into quite the thread MG - good topic!!
Old 07-15-2002, 05:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

piggle- thanks for the clarification on nicotine. Now I'm even more baffled!?

I'll just stick to my occasional beer in the evening. I rarely drank before, my 1st husband was an A. But you know what, every once in a while having that one in the evening (I have 4 kids running around) really takes the edge off of things. My best to everyone. Don't know if I added much to this (other than my confusion).

Sher
Old 07-17-2002, 07:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I started taking Celexa today.

!00 years ago when this all began I was offered anti-d's and turned them down. I went into Al Anon, worked my program and as we all know miracles began to happen.

This time tho is different. I am older and not as big and bad as I used to be. My tool box is full to the brim and I have kept them polished and ready for use. I have used every trick that I know and I have been unable to pull myself up out of this depression And I know that is what it is, depression. I have spent many years dealing with my son and the fall out, but add to that grief and the worry about my GS and it is bigger than me and my program. At least today.

I know who I am and right now I am not me. And I know when to ask for help...so I did. I don't know much about them but I hope they help.

Hugs to all!
Old 07-17-2002, 11:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

I have decided to take something too,
J.T. I think before I was just too
proud, or thinking I can handle this all
by myself. Well, I don't want to anymore
and I need something for sleep and
anxiety. My friend takes Prozac, she
made a funny statement that when some-
thing terribly sad happens, or a crisis
or whatever--that when everyone else is
wreaking havoc--she just goes ooooohhhhh,
that's too bad. Sounds good to me!!!!
I'm going to make a list of what every-
one is taking here and see what the
Doc says.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Make sure you ask about the sexual side effects. Some of these medications really mess things up I'm told.

Paxil is very hard to quit taking so I would think twice before taking that one.

Some of them also cause weight gain.

I was sick with mine for a week, but it's gone now. I just have to yawn all of the time. That hasn't gone away.

What the heck. Why not. I never wanted to take anything either, but I'm tired of thinking of every horrible thing that could happen in the universe. It has helped a lot.

Hugs,

MG

Old 07-19-2002, 04:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Folks!

I went on Paxil 2 years ago due to post traumatic stress suffered on the job. My staff started to threaten me (I was trying to gently but firmly enforce company directed change). I can now see that it was my codependence that shaped the way I managed and the way others treated me.

Going on Paxil was a life saver for me. I had dry mouth for 10 days, have gained weight and have really bad night sweats, (less interest in sex

It sure is better than the alternative though... if you need it, and your doctor reccomends it, and you feel that you can find no way out on your own, I say go for it, and good for you. Being able to deal with life is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than 10 pounds or less sex I feel.

I have started to ween myself off, very slowly. I sort of wish I could just stop, but I this is what is necessary for my mental stability, so be it

LIfe is so hard. Keep up the good work!

Lynda