Betty Ford Children's Program - Breaking the Cycle

Old 05-17-2022, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FWN

Betty Ford Children's Program - Breaking the Cycle

My therapist suggested this program to me because I've struggled to find a therapist for my kids to help them process everything with their dad. It's a not for profit program and a 4 day retreat, 2 days for the kids and then you join them for 2 days. Their goal is to give the children the mental and emotional tools to cope with how addiction has affected their life as well as help them break the generational cycle of addiction. It is designed for kids 7-12, give or take a year. No one will be turned away regardless of financial situation.

https://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/tr...ldrens-program

It seems it is the only one like it and they go by word of mouth, thought maybe it could help someone on here. I'm definitely going with my kids this year.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FWN.......I don't have little kids, any more---but I hav heard good things about that program for a long time. I am very familiar with Hazelden which has combined with the Betty Ford program...for adults and it is of very fine quality, in my opinion. I have visited the Minnesota site and sent several patients to that program.
I am glad that you have found this program for your kids and are able to go!!!
Old 05-18-2022, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a wonderful program, perhaps similar to Council on Recovery's program
for kids in Houston TX though I don't know about costs there. I'll say again the importance
of seeking out programs for children growing up in homes with alcoholics, when they are
young (there are programs for adult children of alcoholics). I know it would have made
a huge positive difference in my (now adult) children's lives.