Better Day ...but weird call/text

Old 10-28-2021, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Better Day ...but weird call/text

Hi everyone I had a much better day ... I ended up working out... doing a long walk in the park... getting a lot done for work... made myself a healthy late lunch...did a face mask... took a bubble bath and didn't cry at all... early this evening I looked down at the phone and my exAH called me... Then he texted me this "I need your friends who’s a vets phone number now...... now now now please"... I sent the number because I love animals... but it has been 5 hours... no thank you from him... no explanation... no nothing. Now mind you in 5 months since he left he has not called me one time to see how I am... he has texted sure but not called... but he calls for an emergency vet need... he doesn't even have a pet and what would my friend that is a vet be able to do from 2,000 miles away. She lives in California and he is in Tennessee... But I am so proud of myself for letting it go. It didn't make me spin for more than 10 minutes max. I didn't reach out to him and ask what happened... I didn't return his call. I simply sent her number. This is huge for me.... And come hell or high water I will not engage again. I feel empowered tonight that I was able to accomplish indifference on this... even if it is a little bit... it is something I could never have done a few months ago....

Also to be honest I am kinda thinking he maybe hit a dog with his car drunk?!

Old 10-28-2021, 09:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, you are healing from this, this is a great example. Hold on to those thoughts and remember the feeling you have today.

You did all this great stuff today, taking care of yourself and that also sets you up to be able to handle these things much better.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Yes, you are healing from this, this is a great example. Hold on to those thoughts and remember the feeling you have today.

You did all this great stuff today, taking care of yourself and that also sets you up to be able to handle these things much better.
Thank you... it feels really good to not have even teared up when he called and texted...
Old 10-29-2021, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi LK,

I looks like you are really starting to look after yourself and put you first. Way to not engage with the EX. Why he needed your vet, who is 2000 miles away is a mystery. I'm sure they have good vets where he is. Anyway, way to stay on your side of the street in this situation. Keep staying strong and have a beautiful day!
Old 10-29-2021, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go!!! I’ve caved to the urge to engage a few times in the last month ( initiated by me to the AWs facility), luckily she wasn’t at the desk at those times. I’m proud of you for letting this go. I’m working my way there. Not sure if I’ll do the bubble bath, but the long walk sounds like a good plan. Nice job on your part!
Old 10-29-2021, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
Hi LK,

I looks like you are really starting to look after yourself and put you first. Way to not engage with the EX. Why he needed your vet, who is 2000 miles away is a mystery. I'm sure they have good vets where he is. Anyway, way to stay on your side of the street in this situation. Keep staying strong and have a beautiful day!
Thank you
Old 10-29-2021, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done Kaya, that would have been such a hook for me to cross the street and see what was going on. You kept your focus on your own life. Again well done in a tough situation.