Need advice again - ex crying in front of kids

Old 04-21-2021, 11:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So good to read your empowered update.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

RB, like PeacefulWaters said, you sound empowered!!

Its great he hasn't come back. My gosh what a lack of character,
honesty, integrity and paternal responsibility!!!

So happy for you and your new life!!!
Old 04-22-2021, 12:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great to hear you sounding so clear and strong
Old 04-22-2021, 02:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thankyou everyone for your replies! Yes I think him keeping away from the house has given me the space I needed from him to gain clarity and perspective. Him not turning up at my door whenever he felt like it has been fantastic I can’t go back now - he will never be invited to be a house guest again.

I blamed the alcohol for his behaviour but now I know it was just one part of it - without the booze he is still a manipulative selfish person. The mask has slipped. I finally see who he is, and it’s pathetic. My kids are fine without him too. Home is a happy vibe and we laugh together a lot! Makes me realise how much life force he drained from us all without us even realising it.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update RB. It sounds like things are changing for the better and the old "more will be revealed" is very true in your case.

I hope your do well at eating better and you all continue to thrive.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RainingButtons View Post

I blamed the alcohol for his behaviour but now I know it was just one part of it - without the booze he is still a manipulative selfish person.
And there it is. It is what is under the alcohol that is the real problem. The booze is just the crappy top layer.

The traits underneath will still be there whether alcohol in play or not. Which is why quitting is not a magic cure!!

I am saying this to myself as much as you, Raining Buttons.

Thank you for your posts, they have helped me.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RainingButtons View Post
Thankyou everyone for your replies! Yes I think him keeping away from the house has given me the space I needed from him to gain clarity and perspective. Him not turning up at my door whenever he felt like it has been fantastic I can’t go back now - he will never be invited to be a house guest again.

I blamed the alcohol for his behaviour but now I know it was just one part of it - without the booze he is still a manipulative selfish person. The mask has slipped. I finally see who he is, and it’s pathetic. My kids are fine without him too. Home is a happy vibe and we laugh together a lot! Makes me realise how much life force he drained from us all without us even realising it.
Yes, this is all really important. There is that FOG (fear, obligation, guilt) that is talked about a lot here and I think sometimes we don't realize we really do need that time and space to clear that.

Then there is the - when a horse thief sobers up what do you have - a sober horse thief.

I'm glad you posted about that and i'm REALLY glad about the happy vibe in your house!