One more week.....then peace

Old 11-08-2020, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One more week.....then peace

Hi All,
I have good news, we all need some these covid days. My stbxah has been sober for 6 days. That is huge compared to the 45-50 days of chaos I endured. I am still leaving the house next Sat. Part of me wishes I could stay but I know I can’t. It will just be 1 drink and he’ll be gone again.
We haven’t talked even though he has been sober. I’m afraid if I tell him the specifics he’ll be unpredictable. Before he got sober he went on a huge bender. Spent hundreds of dollars. Had a liquid lunch, Got a mohawk. On Mon. The police called our home and asked him not to return to the hair salon that gave him the Mohawk. I think that is what prompted his sobriety. It wasn’t a change of heart. He still thinks I am the root of everything wrong in his life.
I am still camouflaging my packing with my daughters move. I am not telling him until the movers show up Sat. morning.
I want to thank everyone who commented to help support me. I hope my story resonates with others on the cusp, maybe for years, of leaving. We have to put ourselves first.
As for my health, the blisters are less severe. Is this because I added a steroid, or because he has been sober and life has been less stressful? I’m not sure but I am grateful to see an improvement.
Will post again from the sanctuary of my new apartment next weekend.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so happy to hear this good news BTB!

That sounds so nice "my new apartment next weekend". Just imagine! You will probably be busy this week getting all organized and it will fly by. Can't wait to see how you are doing next weekend.

I hope my story resonates with others on the cusp, maybe for years, of leaving. We have to put ourselves first.
I'm absolutely sure it will.

For anyone who doesn't know how to read a person's previous threads:
  • Click on their username on the left here in the thread
  • Choose: View Public Profile
  • Choose: The Statistics tab

From there you can choose to either:
  • Find all posts by
  • Find all threads started by
Old 11-08-2020, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats! My ex was 2 years sober when we split and I moved out but it has been a very stressful 2 years. I felt so liberated once I got my own place. All of a sudden I didn’t need weekly counseling anymore! (I still go every 6 weeks or so even now 2 years later just for upkeep so to speak).

and of course you are the root of his problems, why take responsibility for his own actions when he can blame others?

Good for you for finally getting out. He’s not gonna like it but it will either knock some sense into him or he will continue to drink. Either way, you are not responsible for his actions.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

BTB------so glad to hear the good news! I think you are being realistic and putting your own well being as a priority. Will love to hear how it goes and how you are doing.....
Stay safe.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a great update, BTB!