All mixed up.....

Old 12-01-2004, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All mixed up.....

My AH is due to start a 30 day program on 4 Jan - for me waiting until then will be sheer hell. He has been on and off drinking since 4 November. The thing is...he says he is only doing the program to please me and although he knows he has a problem, I am not 100% convinced that he "wants" to give up alcohol forever. He has no job and is depressed ....money is so tight right now I am dreading Christmas. We have a 2yr old son and I will make it special for him...but we cannot even afford to buy present for our families, it's that bad.
I really need him to do this program because I feel it is the last chance we have - I will have to attend therapy session every week that he is there and I will give it my all, but what if after that he hasn't changed - when is enough, enough???
Old 12-01-2004, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

re..

forgot to say - am actually looking forward to him going "away" so that I can use the time apart to see exactly how I feel about the whole situation
Old 12-01-2004, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

buster - good luck - like day said - at least he's going but you are right about having doubts. this will be a good time for you to sort through your feelings, like you said and the therapy sessions may help you answer your own question. bottom line only you will know for you when enough is enough. have you gone to al-anon?
Old 12-01-2004, 07:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Radar

Hi Buster. I hope everything works out the way you want it to. Like Day said maybe he will learn something there. My fingers will be crossed for you!