Checking In

Old 01-01-2020, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking In

Happy new year all - it has been a while since i posted. So here we are. I celebrated one year with my al-anon home group on Sunday. Felt good to see how far I have come over the last year - how i have learned that i can only control myself and my actions - not those of my AH. 4 months ago i was ready to move out and restart my life without his chaos even though it broke my heart.

Today, AH is sober 103 days. He is working his program - goes to a meeting every day at 715 am except Sundays when we both go to a 10 am meeting. He is working with his sponsor just starting his fourth step, and is healthier mentally and physically than i have ever seen him. We are happy again. Things are of course not perfect and we have a lot to work through together. And i am fully aware how early this is in recovery, but i am so thankful to the program and his sponsor.

We spent nye in (i had some minor surgery monday - i am fine). Was so nice to watch tv and chill with a sober person who was not mean and nasty. today we went out with friends to a movie and dinner.

i just wanted to say thank you to all on this forum who helped me through some of the ****** times. I hope we never go back there. But what i am really most thankful for is that i am ok on my own and I don’t ever need to be in an alcoholic marriage again. Happy i have the man i love back but so strong and so happy that I know now that i am enough for me if it ever comes to that again.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, wow . . . . so good to hear. Thanks for checking back in. I love hearing about life turning around for people.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Wow, wow . . . . so good to hear. Thanks for checking back in. I love hearing about life turning around for people.
thank you bekind! I almost feel guilty since i know so many continue to suffer. But i am going to relish in this breakthrough and remain cautiously optimistic.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

(((hugs)))

It's okay to enjoy the good feelings and good moments!

Happy New Year, Happy Al-Anon birthday and thank you very much for being here and sharing with us.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Laur, what great news!

What a great update, so glad it has turned around for you and good for him for putting the work in.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Inspirational! Enjoy the ordinary, everyday moments.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for a great update. Please let it be guilt free. For me, who is still suffering, this is the kind of stuff I love to hear. Enjoy your joy. You are working hard for it.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
Thank you for a great update. Please let it be guilt free. For me, who is still suffering, this is the kind of stuff I love to hear. Enjoy your joy. You are working hard for it.
i hope things get better for you ❤️