You might laugh out loud or ya might not

Old 12-04-2019, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You might laugh out loud or ya might not

Hey friends -

Thanks for putting up with me here on SR. God love ya. ((trailmix))

I've spent the last couple of weeks in a fog, and have finally come up and out.. and it's due to... cover your ears and eyes children.. sexting!

Now I won't thrill you too much here because honestly it makes me feel a little sick.. but I have been really low the last two weeks, feeling like a lead balloon.. and my REABF texts me. Well it was a burst of energy received!! (Anyone who does not believe in the theory of our ex's being an addiction please pay attention).

You would think that after weeks of not talking that he would want to express his love for me or perhaps say some nice things about how he missed me or some other thing I just dreamed up in my head, but NO. Nope. NO way. It was basically a set up for me to send him nekked pictures. You heard me right. I neglected this ******** so much by moving away that he felt ENTITLED to nekked pictures. I said no, he had a text temper tantrum and has fallen silent again.

Today, I feel a little sick, like I'm coming down from the high of the contact.

I kid you not, he blamed me, he said that this is exactly why we won't work out. Because I am apparently a prude and not down for a fun time.

Ladies and Gentlemen.. I have dropped the mic and left the building. I am worth more than this.

Hugs.

E
Old 12-04-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And I hope you SLAMMED the door really hard when you left the building!
Old 12-04-2019, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Em, I'm honestly sitting here giggling and I know it really isn't funny but then it is just so so bad that it is funny.

So glad you have left the building . . . . sigh . . . some of these people seem like plants to induce celibacy in all who come their way.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back Emmalyn

Of all the posts of ex's getting back in touch, this, this one deserves a special mention because omg lol Such is the insanity.

Yes, sadly when they do get in touch there is a kind of calm and - well then the downward spiral. Hopefully you have had enough time now that you won't feel like you are starting back at the beginning of healing.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Glad to see you back Emmalyn

Of all the posts of ex's getting back in touch, this, this one deserves a special mention because omg lol Such is the insanity.

Yes, sadly when they do get in touch there is a kind of calm and - well then the downward spiral. Hopefully you have had enough time now that you won't feel like you are starting back at the beginning of healing.
I'm glad you can see the humor in this too trailmix. I was intially really angry when I realized what was up, I'm kind of dense in that regard, but holy cow. I had just started to not think about him every day and was feeling a bit more like me, you know?

Oh man, I think someone just gave me a huge kick up the you know what. No more mourning this wonderful realtionship. What exactly was wonderful about it if the man thinks so little of me and my "love".

Still feeling a little sick to my stomach about what I've been thinking the past few weeks, and what little hope I had cultivated in my deranged and fevered brow has been wiped away by reality.

This is a good thing. It needed to happen for me to break away from him emotionally.

Hugs,

E
Old 12-04-2019, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emmalyn View Post
Oh man, I think someone just gave me a huge kick up the you know what. No more mourning this wonderful realtionship. What exactly was wonderful about it if the man thinks so little of me and my "love".
Yes. What I see is an alcoholic talking. Someone whose brain and thoughts have been affected.

What person, in their right mind, would ever believe in a million years that this would be the way to approach anyone they wanted contact with?
Old 12-04-2019, 09:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Still feeling a little sick to my stomach about what I've been thinking the past few weeks, and what little hope I had cultivated in my deranged and fevered brow has been wiped away by reality.

This is a good thing. It needed to happen for me to break away from him emotionally.

Hugs,

E
It does make things simpler when they erase all hope. Unfortunately simpler does not mean easier.

As you know now and for some time to come can be super painful so please go easy on yourself. You are doing a good and right thing by getting away from this person.

Let us know how you get on.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Wow, amazing lack of emotional intelligence. When I think about the gap between the sexes, sexting has to be one of the widest.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
It does make things simpler when they erase all hope. Unfortunately simpler does not mean easier.
In the time since I left XAH, I've had bouts of feeling sorry for him and the suffering I'm sure he must be going through. Each time, something has happened to make me realize we're not on the same page, although never quite what happened to you, Emmalyn!

Not on the same page, not in the same book, not even in the same library...and like Bka said, it makes me realize that I have NO IDEA what is going on in his life or head, and even if I did, my interpretation of it would not be similar to his in any way. So my concern is best reserved for someone who would recognize and appreciate it.

Hang in, Emmalyn. This too shall pass.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

LOL mine would text the pictures (not ask for them) trying to flush me out of hiding.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Er.....I do love a man what knows how to talk to a woman?

Welp, he has made your decision crystal clear, n'est ce pas?

And...
Originally Posted by Emmalyn
Thanks for putting up with me here on SR. God love ya. ((trailmix))
You're welcome on SR however often you need us You do you...
Old 12-05-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

some of these people seem like plants to induce celibacy in all who come their way.
A long time ago there was a comedienne (don't remember who)- part of her routine was that she was a lesbian.

She said men would often ask her, "Are you a lesbian because you had a bad experience with a man?"

She paused and said, "If it only took one bad experience..." and the audience was laughing.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow just wow!....
However not much shocks me anymore

My SAH only “sextes” other women and sends pics of some lovely internet boobies he found...lol and god knows what else! Heehee he said boobies, this coming from a 47 year old man 🙄 good grief

Thanks for sharing...and good job recognizing this for what is, (SPAM) lol

Old 12-05-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Emmalyn.....It seems obvious, to me, that he was sucked into a time Machine and has been transported back to 14yrs. old.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
LOL mine would text the pictures (not ask for them) trying to flush me out of hiding.
Ugh HL. It must be a bit rough being on the other side of this gender gap. Did you block her?
Old 12-05-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Boy, that is a lot of nerve ! You are so right, you definitely are worth more. Don't forget that!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen.. I have dropped the mic and left the building. I am worth more than this.

Hugs.

E
Old 12-05-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

She has done it to me several times when we were fighting or not talking but not recently.

One time I was mad over something she did cant even remember what it was. Im sure it wasn't good. I went quiet & didn't talk to her for a day. This was well into our relationship.

The next morning she texted me a picture and said I have a tooth ache & my face is swollen. She was standing naked in front of a full length mirror.

I responded and said yes your face does look a bit swollen you better go see the dentist! That's all I said back. Nothing else.

She flipped out on me because I didn't compliment her on the rest. By then I was getting smart and fighting fire with fire. LOL
Old 12-05-2019, 11:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Em, I'm honestly sitting here giggling and I know it really isn't funny but then it is just so so bad that it is funny.

So glad you have left the building . . . . sigh . . . some of these people seem like plants to induce celibacy in all who come their way.

I'm kind of laughing too, because this is just so ... I can't even. Silence for weeks, then "hey, how about a nude?".

I would have had difficulty resisting the temptation to text him back a picture of a wombat or a Komodo dragon or a Klingon or something completely unappealing when naked ...
Old 12-05-2019, 11:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
I would have had difficulty resisting the temptation to text him back a picture of a wombat or a Komodo dragon or a Klingon or something completely unappealing when naked ...
Like this? Although I do think she's kind of cute, for a pig...

Old 12-05-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh my word... You all made me laugh today.

Sasha, I wish I would have sent that Klingon pic

I didn't hear anything from him yesterday or today, so I think I won't have to decline again. I'm also getting a new phone number in a few days.

I don't hurt as badly as I have the last few weeks, so that's a good sign that I'm healing I guess.

Thanks so much as usual,

E