Need to just not deal with him

Old 09-25-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Laur12,

That sounds like my life, except my RAF has 31 days and went from being sweet after detox/rehab to flipping a switch in his brain where he is mean and horrible to me every single day. I didn't do anything wrong, except confront him on a lie about money, and now he's decided I'm the enemy. I miss the great guy I had before.

I think Anvil is right--he can't have his num nums and that has to be blamed on someone, so I'm the one he's blaming.

Hugs.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Laur? And how was the movie?
Old 09-25-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TriStrong View Post
Laur12,

That sounds like my life, except my RAF has 31 days and went from being sweet after detox/rehab to flipping a switch in his brain where he is mean and horrible to me every single day. I didn't do anything wrong, except confront him on a lie about money, and now he's decided I'm the enemy. I miss the great guy I had before.

I think Anvil is right--he can't have his num nums and that has to be blamed on someone, so I'm the one he's blaming.

Hugs.
i am sorry for your situation! I hope it gets better. My AH was sweet as could be in rehab. He flipped the proverbial switch as soon as he got out. That was of course because he was drinking immediately. He is definitely a little cranky now but it has been a week no booze and he is actually coming around. We shall see. Hugs to you.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Just sending you a big fierce hug...
thanks aries ❤️
Old 09-25-2019, 06:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skippernlilg View Post
Neither of you got to this place in 4 short days. Give yourself some patience, and you may find some for him, too. It's a journey, not a destination. Breathe!!
amen! Trying to stop being controlling and have patience. Doing much better. Thank u! ❤️
Old 09-25-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
How are you doing today Laur? And how was the movie?
hello puzzledheart and all!
Doing pretty well. I took today off and visited with my aunt and relaxed at the pool. Also got my yankees playoff tix which made me smile!!!! movie was good. I saw hustlers.
This week has been pretty ok. AH is at a week of sobriety. It is not much but it is the first time in 12 years other than while in rehab so it is something.
We have had a mellow week. Both working and just dinner and tv each night. Getting along ok.
I am trying to balance time together and apart so that i am not smothering and so that i have time on my own. Seems to be good. Next two nights we will spend separately and sat and sun we are doing a movie and going to a top golf charity event.
i know it is way early but he really does seem ready. I know he his tired of feeling crappy.
I know he needs to focus on his sobriety so i am trying not to push so hard.
I need a vacation and he told me he needs to have some time in first and wants to stay close to the program. The old me would be flipping out. The new me (thanks to alanon) understands. So we compromise. We are doing a couple weekends in dc and boston instead. And i will probably go away with some girlfriends for a few days in the sun. This way he does not feel pressured and i do not feel deprived.
Thanks so much for checking on me. I am hoping this is a good new start.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This made me really laugh. I hope everyone is tip top today! Have a wonderful day!

Originally Posted by TriStrong View Post
Laur12,

he can't have his num nums and that has to be blamed on someone, so I'm the one he's blaming.

Hugs.