A's enabling gf now trying to handle/manipulate everyone.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A's enabling gf now trying to handle/manipulate everyone.

The alcoholics enabling gf is now trying to manage everyone not just the A anymore. She's acting like a handler from a spy movie. She's attempting to profile the A and others on the spot to their face. Well you want to do that because of this. She had several goals, ideas or plans of late and is getting upset when they aren't being followed through on.

The A's life is of his choosing but her enabling frequently prevented change over the decades.She likes the life especially the bar/club scene. The A has spared no expense spending in these places and she knew/knows it. She likes to seem hopeful he could 'control' his drinking or make better choices but doesn't complain when sitting a restaurant/bar. Or has zero problem picking him up trashed from a bar 20 miles away from her home with regularity.

She's also trashed talked our family behind their backs and yet blatantly kisses their butt when in their presence. The A in his delusions thinks if you have money saved period one must be rich. She is kissing butt yet trash talking a relative who the A thinks is a millionaire. And out of the blue she decided to shop, join a gym and recreate less than 2 miles where the perceived rich senior relative is living. And yet before the said relative moved to that location she had no interest in business or recreation there.

Both are grifter like and I thought I saw most of it but now it's blatantly obvious. It's just a matter of who is actually in charge. The A or the enabler.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you just ignore her?
Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Does it matter?

Perhaps use your thoughts and head space for something nice for you. Focus on your own recovery. Use your precious energy on good stuff for you.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Can you just ignore her?
To a certain point. Family issues which will be legally completed by years end will take care of that.

I'm more worried about the mentioned senior relative. The enabling gf escalated, intensified or expanded her behaviors shortly after she came back after helping her parents out for a few months. She also came back with money and a new car. She kisses more butt than a want to be in the corporate world. It's blatant and constant.

The A will be one of the closest remaining relatives and since she's played the A to be her money train it's not a leap for her to set herself/them up for some inheritance(that's if they can wait). The relative is smart enough to pick up on what's going on but she be overly tolerant since the A is family.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, it's the relative's money to do with as she wishes. You can't control her any more than you can control the A or his enabling GF.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would deal with my XAH over his crazy wife any day. Unfortunately, I am stuck with both LOL.

I only communicate on what ABSOLUTELY have to with them and nothing else. I also could not care less what comes out of their mouths. This has helped.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

thequest.….if you think that someone is taking advantage of an elderly person, you can report it as "elder abuse"....and, it will have to be investigated....
You might want to google "elder abuse" and find out what constitutes that...and, how to handle it , if it does exist.....