Seeing the cody in me has been a long history

Old 06-07-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Interesting Dandylion! I will look at your link. I think I am probably in between also. I do need solitude and get cranky when Im around people for too long especially when they require me to give a lot of my resources etc. I seem to be a target for emotional vampires at times. I can also be social and enjoy the company of others though too. I think people assume introverts are shy and inward people that seclude themselves away from society. But I have read that it just means how you get your energy. I get energy by recharging alone and more extraverted folks get their energy by being around people. I need a certain amount of solitude to feel rested and recharged and then I am ok to socialize again for a little while
Old 06-07-2019, 06:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Where I used to get myself in trouble is saying yes to people when I wanted to say no. It used to be uncomfortable for me to just say" no I would rather not go anywhere. "Now I can say "no "and not feel guilty or bad about it. I think it is better to say no than say "well ,ok maybe" and then back out on people at the last minute. I have learned this the hard way.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think I used to feel sort of odd because I didn't always want to be around people or felt uncomfortable in large groups. I was usually that person finding the quiet place on the porch or making friends with the cat or dog at large parties. When I took the myers briggs and it said I was an INFP I think then I felt like oh ok! Maybe I am not an oddball afterall! Lol
Old 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

suncatcher....as you will see on that website, and lots of others...is that there are lots of theories about introversion/extroversion.....as there is recent current interest in the neuro research....
There are the most popular ones, of course...and, then, there are some newer ones that are bein pursued….like the one that proposes that each one is it's own entity....each one has it's own separate spectrum....and, that possibly, that introversion may be associated with Asperger's, etc......on one end of the introversion spectrum.....
It is very interesting stuff, and you can find a lot of it in the professional journals....
Like with most things...it is not...at least, at this time, a neat black and white thing....and, there is no "one size fits all".....
It is like---the more we learn, the more questions we have...lol...
Old 06-07-2019, 07:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Learning is such an ongoing process. Love learning all I can and then some. I am looking forward to reading the books I have ordered and the links being shared here when I have some free time.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Loved the article you sent Dandylion! Dopamine sensitive here!