Update: Welcome to day 14

Old 04-07-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update: Welcome to day 14

So its day 14, I know its 14 because AH announces it daily. AH is actually going to AA, every single day. Theres been lots of tears and apologies. Not like making amends...he's feeling his emotions and its overwhelming for him. He's waiting for the next STAR group to start at the VA. Hes reading the big book. If he sticks to it he just might be okay.

I'm still going to my meetings. I invited AH to an open meeting and he said he'd go, hes kinda interested to see what we do. I discuss his recovery/meetings when he brings it up but I don't ask and I dont tell him what to do. I feel less stressed. I do have my moments but I'm sure that will happen less and less as I progress in my own recovery.

The kids are relaxed and seem more happy. Which was an interesting conversation with AH. He made the connection between the kids standoffish behavior and his drinking.

Thanks for reading my rambling. I'll try to check in more often.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great! I hope he continues on his road to recovery. It sounds like he is putting in some real work. I pray it sticks with him.

I am even more glad to hear you are going to meetings and kids seem more happy. Those things are #1 as your wellbeing and theirs is every bit as important as your AH's recovery.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow that’s awesome stuff!

It’s really hard for an alkie to feel all the feels. Many of us became allies in the first place partly because of an inability to feel all the feels, often due to past trauma. Learning to sit with feelings is a big big deal. If he can do it, he’s on the right track.

One of many things that needs to change, but encouraging.

What’s even more awesome is how you are taking care of yourself through all of this. You’re amazing!