How Was Everyone's Thanksgiving?

Old 11-24-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life is good

Congrats.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It was my first being divorced . Was nice that I didn’t have to be the first to leave so my XAH could get home to drink (ya, we would pretty much eat and leave) and was nice that on Friday I didn’t come home after work to a drunken fool. His annual tradition was starting drinking on Wednesday night and not stop until he passed out on Saturday night. It has been nice and peaceful.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

To elaborate on the good parts....I held a cookout on Thursday evening and invited friends who did not have family nearby to gather with. Sort of a "Friendsgiving". Hamburgers, hotdogs, veggie burgers, and the guests brought the sides. I baked a pound cake.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We had ours Saturday when my daughter and her husband could come. My AW does not drink in public now so that was good, but she went on a rant blaming me for something she couldn’t find. Mind you she has lost her phone and new glasses in the last week. I think she sees me as a source of anger because she can not drink around me. Anyway it was a good meal and we played a game and watched a movie. Today, not so good. She went to the store for food and hit the liquor store on the way. I knew she did as she always wants to go alone. She said she was tired and was walking into the bedroom when I asked he what was in her sweatshirt. It was a box of wine. She said she didnt know why she bought it. I took it and dumped it out. She is still napping now .
Old 11-26-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ours was good. Spent time with family. Watched some Christmas movies. Relaxed and hung out. Lots of good food (too much)! We slept in a little the next day and went to a little boutique, but that's about it.

I got all my Christmas decorations up the next day. I did not want to do it, (it's a big job), but I did! I should have put up the tree and worked on the rest through the weekend, but I just wanted to be done and have it all up!

Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-26-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My husband and I went east to spend 48 hours with my family. It went as well as it could, but by the time we got back home Friday morning, we were feeling tired and stretched out and sad that we hadn't been able to do what we usually do, which is just make a big traditional meal for ourselves, see a movie, and chill at home on our own. So as we were waiting to de-board the plane, my husband suggested we have our regular day on Saturday, which we did and it was a great way to wrap up my vacation.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

we went to my MIL's house. It is always kind of awkward around her but I made the best of it. I made sure to wear comfortable clothes so I would feel better being there. lol.

AH drinker in the morning but by the time we went to his moms he was fine and he didn't drink the rest of the day. After the big lunch I spent some quit time alone hiking which was awesome.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks to all for sharing your holidays. Our actual Thanksgiving was pretty good - hosted by my younger sister. Though, Mom brought her own stuffing - after specifically being told Sis was doing it. That was pretty much the only snag on the FOO side, so pretty darn good. And my oldest nephew made it home from college (Boston) for the weekend so we got to hang out with him and talk about college stuff before he disappeared to his computer.

I ended up at the ER with DS in the middle of the night Thursday / early Friday AM. Needless to say, it was stressful and scary. But DS's OK and in school today. The ER doc was great and took the time to explain what tests would be run and why, and the results when they came back. He also told DS when he was discharged that 5 things that would help him feel better would be: doing 2 loads of dishes, 2 loads of laundry and cleaning his room. He was great.

Aside from being scared about DS's health, what was super sad was that both of the two other beds in the same room as DS were filled by people who were chronic drinkers / drug users. Curtains were closed, but you still hear what's going on and the questions and responses. The older gentleman was there due to health issues related to chronic drinking. The girl (and she sounded so young when she came to) was picked up mostly unclothed and unconscious, with alcohol and meth in her system, from outside (in freezing temps) somewhere. It sounded like she was seen in ER regularly and that this time, SA was a possibility, but she declined counseling or talking to police.

I hate addiction. Family time, though, was wonderful.