If it's not one thing...

Old 09-10-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If it's not one thing...

He got hit by a car this morning while he was out running. Fortunately, it wasn't horrible. The car just clipped him. What aggravates me the most if they didn't stop.

I don't think he was still drunk. While we were at the ER they of course checked everything. They told him they found enlarged lymph nodes and diagnosed him with Abdominal Lymphadenopathy.(unrelated to the hit and run) The doctor said it's more than likely not cancer but he needs to follow up with his PCP.

I thought I'd ask here because I imagine a lot of y'all have dealt with more alcohol health related issues. Is this related to heavy alcohol consumption? All the stuff I've found talks about cancer. I know that I can't do anything about it. I have just never heard of it so I'm trying to figure out how worried I should be.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear this. I never wish I'll on anyone. I hope he recovers and he doesn't have cancer.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's terrible. What a piece of crap to hit someone w/your car and NOT STOP!!! Awful.

I too hope he has a speedy recovery and that this is not cancerous. I would stay off the internet about it and wait and see what the doctors say, although I know it's hard. I don't know anything about that, so I am sorry to not be able to share anything.

Big hugs!
Old 09-10-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry that it’s another thing happening! I’m curious, did the ER give him any pain meds for any injuries? Given his past history with pain meds I’m just curious.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Hi always,

How are you doing through this?

What's on your self care list today?

Just food for thought. Whenever things happened with my husband, my focus often turned back to him and his stuff.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
Sorry that it’s another thing happening! I’m curious, did the ER give him any pain meds for any injuries? Given his past history with pain meds I’m just curious.
Nope just an anti-inflammatory. He refused pain meds. I know on some level he knows he has a problem. He's admitted it. He goes back and forth. I think he just hasn't accepted that he can't fix this on his own.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Hi always,

How are you doing through this?

What's on your self care list today?

Just food for thought. Whenever things happened with my husband, my focus often turned back to him and his stuff.
I'm working on my assignments for the class I'm taking and going to a meeting today.