Planning Christmas, in July.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Planning Christmas, in July.

Breaking the cycle of abuse from my FOO. Breaking free from the cycle of alcoholism and dysfunctional families with my alcoholic husband and our adult children. I'm ready for a Christmas without any of that.

Creating safe, warm, loving, judgement-free environments.

Creating a life I love.

Creating a magical, traditional Christmas holiday.

I don't know how this is going to look. I'm setting my intents. I'm praying. I'm opening my heart to joy. This is for me. This is for my 11 year old son. His birthday comes soon after Christmas and I may start making plans for this, too.

The last five Christmas seasons have been about doing what everyone else wants. I'm deciding to step out of that routine.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have to share custody over Christmas, but not very much. We have some birthdays around that time as well. When I divorced, creating wonderful Christmas holiday traditions was really important as my XAH had ruined ALOT of holidays for us.

We do a lot over the holidays. It's fun. It's relaxing. I LOVE it, and my kids do too. Taking the time to make those memories is so important. I hope you create just what you want!
Old 07-30-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

My key elements:

Holiday music

Nature

Fun

Great food

A new stocking for kid

Elf on the shelf

Warmth

Christmas movies

Easy
Old 07-30-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mango....Last year my sister, girls and I all had a craft day the day after Thanksgiving. We made lit snowmen out of glass blocks. They were A-DORABLE, and it was so very fun! Of course, all the fun Christmas movies were playing in the background! (We are big Elf fans at my house LOL)!

There is also a place not too far from where I live that has old time Santas in a parade every weekend leading up to Christmas, and a shop where you can buy hot cookies. It's so fun!

It really is the small things that turn into fun yearly traditions!