Update to my SR family

Old 07-20-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update to my SR family

Dear SR Friends,

So lots has has changed in my life since I joined SR in Aug. of 2014. October of that year I divorced my addict/alcoholic husband after 34 years together, married 26. (hardest thing I had ever done in my life)

To me, that was a life changer as I had accepted his abuse for more years then I care to reveal. It took many, many, many years to get strong enough to accomplish it, but I did it. (thanks to SR) With this achievement came much work on my part, between SR every evening, weekly open AA meetings and Alanon meetings, therapists, family and friends. You can see that I was a pretty sick human being. I did finally take ownership of the mess that I allowed to happen, but I worked hard as hell to pull myself out of it.

I bought a little town home, got a job with insurance and loved the peace and quiet by myself. I would never give anyone the power to hurt me again. About a year ago we had an interim boss at my work who was as mentally ill, as my axh. Abusive in every way possible. I reached out to anyone who would listen and no one did a thing to help me at work. So back in March he pulled me in his office (one week prior to a new boss coming in) and telling me how horrible of a job I was doing and if I didn't get my stuff together, I would lose my job. At that point I had had enough. I called DD 24 and DD 26 and told them I am selling my place and moving cross country, to be closer to DD24.

I sold my town home myself in April, not wanting to move till July as DD 26 was getting married in June. I Had a moving sale and sold off all my belongings. Packed my car and DD 26 drove cross country this past weekend. I am in beautiful sunny California, living at DD24 home and applying for jobs. I will never let anyone take control of me ever again. I am starting a new life, again, but its OK. I will land on my feet as I have strength to tackle anything.

This update is for all the men and women who are worried that they can't do it or don't have the strength to make a change. We all do have the strength, we just need to believe in ourselves that we will be ok. Sending hugs to each and everyone of you, that you will be ok!!!

Maia
Old 07-20-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

(((hugs)))
Old 07-20-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome update Maia! Thanks for catching us up!

Congrats on the new adventure! I also moved a very long distance from "home" and for the most part it has been an amazing experience. (It's pretty awesome to know I wont ever bump into certain people I don't want to deal with. )
Old 07-20-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound great
New views, new scenery, new people, new experiences-
so good for the soul....
Good for You!
Old 07-20-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

maia, after being married sometimes for so long, we really don't think we can do it on our own, but we can !!!!! I also just moved. Wishing you the best, you deserve it.

((((((hugs)))))
amy
Old 07-21-2018, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a wonderful message of hope...hope for all of us. I have a t-shirt that says, "We don't realize how strong we are until that is the only choice we have." This has held so true for me.

It's amazing what we experience in our lives when we get into recovery, and take charge of our lives.

I'm proud of you, and wish you much happiness in your life.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow! Maia! That's amazing!

The longer I live on this planet, the more I embrace change and simplifying life. Best of luck to you in CA! I live in AZ and wish I could get over to CA more often to visit. I hope you get settled and find a new peace in your life that brings you joy! HUGS, girl!
Old 07-23-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you! I am so proud of you!
Old 07-31-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Maria,

Thank you for being here and all the beautiful posts, hope and strength you share.