Do I have to wait for something bad to happen??

Old 12-09-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Living sober is the way to go, Doug.
Best wishes for continued success in that area.
Good luck and good thoughts.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doug39 View Post

Also they tell me to put the problem in God's hands and to try and set a good example by living sober.
i was diagnosed stage 3 metastatic melanoma in 2006. IF i just put the problem in Gods hands, id be dead.
i was in a relationship with a chronic relapser. IF i just put the problem in Gods hands, id still be in the insanity.

faith without works is dead.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
i was diagnosed stage 3 metastatic melanoma in 2006. IF i just put the problem in Gods hands, id be dead.
i was in a relationship with a chronic relapser. IF i just put the problem in Gods hands, id still be in the insanity.

faith without works is dead.
I am not suggesting that God is going to solve the problem.

I need to ask God to help me accept the problem because I have no control over the situation. God has the control.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Doug,
You know the program. I am sure it took you many tries to "work your sobriety" till it finally worked 100%.

What I learned being a codie with an addict for many many years, was I fought Gods plan for me. I felt I knew better and that I could handle everything. Once I truly surrendered and accepted defeat, did my life change. I accepted that this was Gods plan for my axh to be an addict and nothing I said or did would change that plan. I found the peace inside me that it was ok for him to be "less" then perfect (being an addict). It was not my right for me to force my beliefs on someone else because I felt I knew better. It took years and years to find that peace.

Acceptance - it takes a long time to happen. I too reached out for my higher power, because It just wasn't happening for me. Take this time, hit some alanon meetings, and in time, the answers will appear. You don't need to force a solution just because you have to have an answer now. Hugs my friend, you are doing great, taking one day at a time!!