Tragedies - personal, community, etc.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tragedies - personal, community, etc.

I've survived enough tragedies that I refuse to give in to them. I will live well and find something good to embrace in this day..

I have had enough hurt, anguish and pain. I am grateful for counseling and therapy to give me new tools in releasing these and learning how to connect with good, healthy people.

I have been a victim. Now I am a survivor. My heart is no longer broken. It is whole and strong.

For those who have passed on beyond this lifetime, I light a candle tonight, with prayers and blessings of peace, gentleness and great hope of new life beyond this.

KTF
Old 11-08-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Immensely thankful for this day I've been given to LIVE.

Lighting a candle for those who are lost... in death ...in mental illness ...in addiction. Prayers of peace and blessings.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for this KTF.

I will join you in stepping forward. I'm off to do 45 min of yoga on my own which is always challenging but helps with my depression.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

I am very thankful for this KTF, I needed to read this tonight.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lighting a candle with Intention...

by Phylameana lila Desy

Lighting a candle for a particular purpose or intention is practiced worldwide from people of all walks of life, varied spiritual leanings, and a diverse array of religions. Lighting a candle symbolizes bringing light to our wishes or desires. A candle can be lit as a prayer for peace or a request for healing.

Lighted candles are reflections of our emotional self and help to illuminate our hearts when we feel burdened.

---

I find this helps me to release my feelings of fear and powerlessness.

The light represents the light and good in the world, the inner light inside each of us, the connection between us.

The smoke that comes when blowing out the candle flame represents clearing out negative energy and restoring balance.

When I first tried meditation, I could not quiet the whirling thoughts in my mind. Hearing experiences of others, of how they also were in my shoes yet learned to quiet their minds... how to bring a bit of inner peace that started to grow... that it was something they could DO to help immensely with their own stress and redirect themselves into a better state of mind... it helped me realize I wasn't unique in my pain and there are ways out of it.

Lighting a candle for me is a meditative action.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lighting a candle for Healing. For those forgotten. For those who are hurting.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Crying.

For those lost. For the violence. For the pain. For people I don't know, yet are the same as I am in SO MANY WAYS. People who love, who care, who have a body, mind and soul.

Today, soon, I will light a candle. In this moment, all I have is tears.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In Al‑Anon we say, “Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional—or suffering is unavoidable but misery is optional.”

We are here, accepting that pain is part of this life. I am thankful to be here among all of you whom I have come to love so much. I have developed such incredible friends in this room who probably know me better than I know myself. I like to think of us as diamonds being made under pressure—together, we can find another way to live this life and be restored to sanity, and it’s “Progress Not Perfection.”

By Rebecca P., Maryland
The Forum, October 2014
So grateful for Recovery. For tools and skills I've gained for dealing with pain.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lit a candle.

Blew it out hours later.

Lit a candle again.

May the light, the smoke carry hope, prayers.