Help.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I adopted a 17 year old doggo last week. She is in rough shape but I wanted her last bit of life to be full of love. Much to my surprise, she has more to teach me about life and love than I have to teach her. I wish I could post a picture on here, she'd make your day. She has the STUBBIEST LITTLE LEGS <3
Old 10-25-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I indulged and ate dessert before dinner. It was a great big Hallowe'en cookie decorated with the prettiest, colorful icing. I loved every, single bite.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm having ice cream for lunch today.... irish crème with salted caramel. Heaven!
Old 10-25-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It was pancake day in the town I live in yesterday. The one and only day of the year that I eat a million carbs and don't feel a bit guilty about it. Ate there for lunch, and for dinner!!!! YUM!
Old 10-31-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good news...

I went swimming and soaking at a hot springs pool.

I went to Alanon yesterday & going again today.

I'm connecting with healthy people.

I'm refusing to give in when sadness, hurt and pain hit. I feel them, and move forward... and more good things come.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's been a challenging couple of days ... so I am giving myself permission to take it easy today. I am sitting on my couch and the sun is streaming through the window. My cat is curled up on my legs and purring. Tonight we go trick or treating and then out for pizza with friends. Bliss!!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Be super kind to yourself, guilt free. Do things you LOVE. Take up new passionate hobbies or return to a passionate hobby that may have layed dormant for awhile. Unlock things you are truly passionate about...let that passion make areas within yourself come alive again....this is part of recovering after things where there was hurt, stress, trauma, abuse, too much tension, etc...There is a "you" that may have got squished down by being with your qualifier. But it can come alive again...it awaits a reawakening...okay...I'll not to overdo it here...hugs!
Old 10-31-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am so very grateful for this thread and for your post Teatree. I have been feeling a little unsteady the past couple of days. I know it's all part of the healing process, but it's also fun to focus on the things that make me smile and make my heart beat from excitement (and not from stress!!!). Thanks for the positivity! xo
Old 10-31-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm glad that was helpful, Rosie.

It's not only okay, but wonderful to do things that you ENJOY; things we get joy out of. And, other people may not understand how we get joy out the [sometimes simple] things we do...everyone's different and what brings joy to one person may bore the heck out of another.

Glad you got kitty time. I did that this morning too with our cat....he has this routine and it includes some lap time, which there is nothing like a purring cat on your lap! (IMO). There is a fire in the fireplace.

It's kind of gray out, but hey...I took up my knitting...and I'm knitting a simple scarf and I don't really have to think...the knitting needles get going and there is a clicking and rhythm and pretty soon it's like meditation...I can think about things while I knit...or I can zone out...but it's calming and rather soothing...plus, the yarn I am using right now is super duper SUPER soft...It's a special yarn I found at the hobby store...so I 'm going to knit another scarf for someone I love and care for and while I do, I'll think about them and put some love in it. Just a few thoughts that are unleashed right now...
Old 10-31-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

A friend at work got good news - his position is being made permanent.

My daughter is loving being in junior high, despite all the chaos around her.

I have some cool ideas for making Christmas tree ornaments out of old National Geographics. I have discovered that I love making crafts as a form of stress relief.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I think while our minds are somewhat "occupied" with creating it takes our minds off our worries and stressors; gives us a break. Just a thought. Awesome idea about the X-mas ornaments. One year my sister made us these really cool snowflake ornaments that she crocheted.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Working on a possible new business plan, having gluten free spaghetti for a late lunch... and looking into gettting a puppy. Enjoying all greatly!
Old 11-07-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Lol... so excited about getting a puppy I stuttered! ^^

I've been so happy NOT dealing with pets... this is taking me by surprise. Suddenly all logic doesn't matter and I have a huge feeling of JOY about this.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yay! Puppies and kitties are the BEST!!!!
Old 11-07-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Dogs make life so much better! <3
Old 11-07-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

dogs

I had dog dream last week. I dreamed we were out looking for a new dog...we were at the humane society and ... well ... came across a dog that we felt drawn to .. . and then...wouldn't you know it? I woke up!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I received a sweet card in the mail today from a friend
Old 11-07-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

oooooooooh, a puppy, that is terrific. Would love to have a puppy, but I have 4 cats. So happy for you.

My good news for the day is because my son called me today to ask me to come and visit him. I had just spent the weekend with my daughter. These are 2 of my children that wanted nothing to do with me during the divorce. I know I talked about moving closer to Maryland in the next 2 years, thinking I am moving that up to I am listing my house in March 2018.

I like this thread, just happy stuff!!!!!!

((((((((hugs to everyone)))))))))
amy
Old 11-08-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

My oldest child got her acceptance letter to the college of her choice yesterday. Very excited to see what she does with her life, she is wonderful and very driven!
Old 11-11-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm 99.99% certain I won't be getting a job for which I had two interviews...but I am proud of myself for going for it! And proud that I earned a second interview...and that I did well in that interview.

I'm just not what they are looking for at this time, and that's OK! God's got this, and there will be something else to come along at the right time.