Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

TGIF - Give me 3 ways you are prioritizing your self care this wknd:

Old 10-20-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I planned a night out dancing/dinner with friends at my favorite hangout.

I scheduled a reiki healing session, just because it's been a while.

I treated myself to some great new skincare products that I've had my eye on & am starting a new skincare routine.

I also spoiled myself with some new chocolates, a new eyeliner, a couple new crystals for my collection & loaded up some new stuff to binge-watch on Netflix/Hulu during my down time this weekend.

Ok - that was more than 3!
Old 10-20-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been so super busy, so I plan to relax and do some healthy meal prepping. I am taking my dogs for a walk tonight. I also plan to purchase some new makeup this weekend. I also plan to read and watch some Netflix as well.

So....this does not sound like much, but when you are gone every single night, this will be a treat!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am going to sit down w/a book and rest a bit since I just got off of work--and that is a big thing, since I usually feel like I have to get right to work around the house after I finish my paying job!

I also plan to take my houndies for a walk again today. The weather is beautiful. We went to a local park yesterday and it was just a lovely, peaceful walk. A repeat today will be good.

No alarm tomorrow AM--going to sleep just as long as my body tells me it's tired!

Thanks for the thread, FS.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
No alarm tomorrow AM......

Ooooooooo - I totally FORGOT about that part. That's the best!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The no alarm going off is the best!!!

Getting a mani/pedi tomorrow and going to dinner with a group of friends tomorrow night.

Going to a catered block party on Sunday, so no cooking/backing!!! Just relaxing and fun.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

1. I slept in late and woke to the sun shining brilliantly.

2. Had a cup of coffee and listened to "It's not over yet" by For King and Country.

3. Listened to Rap with someone I don't know ... it had a great beat - she has a beautiful smile.

Sun, music, connecting with healthy people is my weekend plan!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mine as follows: following a busy week and month with long commutes.

Good food - pizza and I don't have to share. Mwahahaha some "healthy" snacks as I like to convince myself and sushi for the rest of weekend. No cooking for me - off duty.

Good books - haven't read in ages as in this whole year - got me some interesting reads one celebrity biography, two psychology books, one humorous one, one crime novel.

Catching up on sleep as much as needed. Always a fav of mine. Haven't for a while.

And my added bonus to myself - no housework - only doing laundry and dishes. Because I deserve a break and I can.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

1.) I am spending some quality time with my child at a Halloween party tomorrow and I am so excited to see him dress up in costume!
2.) I have a friend visiting from out of town and will be getting a sitter to go out for dinner
3.) I am planning to carve pumpkins with my little pumpkin for the first time on Sunday and baking pumpkin seeds together

YAY!
Old 10-20-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

"No cooking" is getting added to my list. Not that it takes much to encourage that - I despise cooking as a chore.

Just arranged for an early afternoon out of the office to beat the traffic..... I considered doing some shopping/errands but the idea of being off the busy 5 o'clock rush-hour-roads is too good to pass up.

I also encouraged DD to set up some activities & a sleepover with her friends over the weekend because she's been letting schoolwork consume her lately. There's plenty of time for that later - she needs to spend some time "playing" while she can & still cares to.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well your weekends sound fun, can I come? I haven't been to a party in forever and I'm not that old.... > : [

I haven't really planned anything, but the ice cream cake in the freezer has been taunting me, I guess I can sort of attack that this weekend (I'd rather go to a party).
Old 10-20-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well, I have four more performances this weekend, so my self-care stuff is pretty basic around those:

1) get enough sleep
2) eat good food
3) make the most of my free time, whether that means work or play, so I can be fully present when I get to the theatre, and not worrying about or wishing I was doing something else
Old 10-20-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

1. Eating has been a problem. I often feel like throwing up, no appetite. This is not terrible because I need to lose weight, and I do at least try to eat a couple of eggs and maybe some fruit or a vegetable every day. But I think I will try to come up with something that I might actually feel like eating like I did last weekend when I actually got hungry and went and picked up Thai food across town, something I very rarely do.

2. I am going to dive back into my coursework. I am in grad school and need to get back on the horse so that I don't fall behind.

3. I'm going to try on the new clothes I ordered for myself, the last of which will arrive today, and I am going to keep any and all that please me and send the rest back. My extremely strange behaviors over the last year led to me literally wearing rags around the house with only one halfway decent outfit to wear when I (rarely would) go out.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have an exciting weekend coming up. My (first ever) marathon is on Sunday and I am very excited.

This also means a weekend away, a stay in a nice hotel and dinner out with a group of running friends Saturday night. Then, after the race on Sunday, I am having a nice dinner with my guy (the one I have been with since after the xAbf - still happy and going strong). I have Monday off so I am going to NOT SET THE ALARM (this never happens so I am quite excited) and get a massage to recover from the marathon.

I'm really excited about not setting the alarm on Monday, lol.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good Luck on the marathon Green Eyes!!!!
Old 10-20-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

GreenEyes, good luck w/the marathon! I well remember my first, the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee, in early October of 2008. My goodness, almost 10 years ago...

You are really smart in making an occasion of it, and also in planning for the massage and taking the extra day off.

My thoughts are with you--it's going to be an experience you'll never forget!
Old 10-20-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
GreenEyes, good luck w/the marathon! I well remember my first, the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee, in early October of 2008. My goodness, almost 10 years ago...

You are really smart in making an occasion of it, and also in planning for the massage and taking the extra day off.

My thoughts are with you--it's going to be an experience you'll never forget!
I can't wait to cross that finish line! I know how euphoric it will feel.

Are you still running?
Old 10-20-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Greeneyes

wish your weekend were mine but I'm unfit and too darn comfortable in my fitness laziness.

I am however "calorie loading" haha while I can for the great start when I actually do lift my butt. On my 2018 list of things to accomplish along with a homemade customized manual (diet/exercise outline) I'm making so long. Researched and compiled by yours truly.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

1) It's my birthday.
2) I have to work.
3) I'm using my birthday money on a high flying snazzy pizza pan.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

GreenEyes, I've been out of the picture for a couple of years now--life got in the way and I had no time or energy. Just started very slowly again this past spring and man, it's tough, b/c my mind thinks I should be able to pick up where I left off but my body has different ideas!

PM'd you so as to not hijack the thread.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I've been on this site for a while, reading everyone's stories, but so far this is my favourite thread of all, I'm so enjoying reading about all of your weekends!

So:
I'm seeing my boxing coach tomorrow (currently training hard for a charity fight next year- charity not yet chosen, any suggestions of any?)
The rest of the weekend is spent making food I can freeze and then heat up at work in the microwave (again, suggestions welcome!)
Watching something on TV, which I never do - what is cool to watch?

Sending hugs to all of you! X