A Few Months Down The Track - A Happy Conclusion

Old 10-04-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Few Months Down The Track - A Happy Conclusion

Earlier today it occurred how unbelievably happy I now am. It has only been a few months since I kicked AH out, but I look back at my previous life and am astonished how I actually lived like that. The contrast with today is quite shocking.

Today I am happy, content, relaxed and enjoying making plans for my future. I have been seeing someone new, and now realise what a dysfunctional, horrible and grossly abnormal marriage I had been in. Maybe it is too soon to be getting involved with someone again, but I sure am enjoying it, and at my age I figure so long as my eyes are wide open what have I got to lose?

It took me a VERY long time to leave the ex and his alcoholism behind, but I guess I had to do it when I was ready to as opposed to when everyone else told me to.

I wish the ex could get himself together for the sake of our children - but I honestly cannot see this ever happening. And it is not my problem nor my cross to bear anymore.

To all of you out there in limbo and undecided what to do - believe me there is a much better world awaiting you freed from the constraints of alcohol addiction. Don't doubt it - today I realised just how lucky I am to have escaped. And under absolutely no circumstances will I EVER be getting back on that crazy train!

Thank you to everyone on this forum who offered guidance and support - goodness knows I needed it!
Old 10-04-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you!

It takes a ton of courage to do what you did and it's wonderful that you're so happy with your new life.

Bravo!

Old 10-05-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, glad you are doing well!
Old 10-05-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing

*first steps are hard, payoff huge

*true for those on both sides of addiction fence, including those of us who straddle
Old 10-05-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy New Life!!!!
Old 10-05-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, MarieCat, that is the best news!
So glad things have worked out.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Totally concur with most of what you said. Don't have any kid aspects etc so nothing to concur there but YES going back to a normal life is like a new battery got put into your life.

When my XAGF was finally gone, I was on various meds for blood pressure, sexual dysnfunctions, sleep aids, anti depressants. I forgot about all of of those until you visit your doctor and they say you no longer need these. Then they ask about lifetsyle changes. Its like DING DING DING....Hell Yes I have some lifestyle changes. I no longer have all of that STUFF to contend with and therefore my body gets back in balance.

Or you hear about how other are continually repeating the same things that keep them in a bad outcomes.

It feels GREAT to have a normal fun life back.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Me too! I can't believe how wonderful my life is now.

It was not easy. And I couldn't have done it without the brutal honesty on this website.

It takes a bit of time to grieve but I wouldn't allow myself to get lost in that grief. I had to force myself to get out of bed everyday & live.

This may sound corny and simplistic but I actually made myself a list. A list of what I want in my life. I am achieving those things on my list one by one.

I for DECADES thought it was my duty to put up with & help cure the addiction of my now XAH. No it's not my duty. That was a very hard thing for me to come to realize.

He can have a wonderful life too. He just needs to do it for himself.

Anyway, congrats to the OP for enjoying life. I'm right there with you!