SPEND A YEAR APART (at least)

Old 10-04-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This. Wow.

My children were exposed to horrible fights, and in the end, their father physically attacking me. That was the end. However, it should have ended YEARS before that, but my mind was so fixed on two things:

1. That it was surely better to be together no matter how bad it was for my children.
2. That my XAH needed help and would eventually get "better."

Well, that did not work out very well. My children are with me 95% of the time, and this has made their quality of life much better. Secondly, my XAH still needs help, he just never got it, and never will. He is still the same person, drunk or sober, and what he does is emotionally abuse and it is unacceptable.

I am glad your eyes are open. Listen to your sweet son, you deserve to feel good about yourself, and your son does too.

Many hugs.

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I'm a HUGE supporter of time & space being necessary for proper healing..... that said, sometimes you just can't see things clearly until you're READY.

Sounds like you finally arrived at that point & it changed the way you look at all of it. Don't wallow in the "should-have's" friend, give yourself a time limit on how long you'll lick your wounds in this stage & move quickly on to figuring out your next steps.

Any idea on that part?