Regret marrying an alcoholic?

Old 09-03-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I worked with a young woman who battles with addiction. I thought she was doing well when she worked for us...but lo and behold, a couple weeks ago she stopped back in to apologize to the boss that she had been using during that time and hadn't been putting in her best effort.

As an uncertain young woman who thought no one would ever love her, I married an alcoholic. As a widow who had been there and done that, I was more cautious dating dater in life. One night we were out to supper in a diner one mile from my house. My man-friend of one month wanted to know if they served wine, and when the answer was no, wanted to know if we could buy it in the adjacent convenience store and bring it in. I saw the scrap of red flapping in the distance with one man, I told him good-bye. He has allegedly moved on, (though has followed me to two different widow forums on the internet.) He has a woman-friend - who lives 80 Miles away. I guess that's far enough if you don't feel like hanging out with a drunk person. He promised me all kinds of things when he felt I was having reservations about getting further involved. He withdrew the offers when he felt I was getting closer to committing to him.

He's somebody else's problem,now.