Just an update

Old 07-06-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just an update

Divorced now for 6 1/2 years. My children that weren't speaking to me are now inviting me to spend weekends with them. The Drama Queen daughter, well, I have been in no contact with her for 6 months now.

Everything is terrific. I love going to see my children (adults). It feels so good that they are asking me for my opinion on how to do things in their new houses. Feels good to pass on my power tools to them, and also my knowledge from my failures to how I do things now. (That was really meant to be about power tools and how to fix things in a house, but sometimes I think that carrys over into other things in life).

So, next weekend I go to my daughters house. This is the one that just started to really talk to me again. We will be stripping doors, and try to do industrial pipe furniture. I'm really excited about that.

My grandson, Wesley is now 6 months old. He is a bundle of joy. He'll be crawling soon, then he will be a terror. haha I'm going back there the end of July, and I know he will be a handful.

Oh, well, just wanted to stop in and say hi, and thank you again for all of your help.

I still check in every now and then, but my computer is screwed up and my life is busy and really good right now.

((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
amy
Old 07-06-2017, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome. So glad all is well in your world!

Sending you a monster hug.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds great, Amy, good for you! Being a grandma is the best.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awww this gives me hope. My 11 year old daughter hasn't spoken to me for 3 weeks when she caught me with a glass of wine (she hates me drinking). She has been over her Dads ever since. As she is still a child I'm hoping she will forgive me in time -So glad things are working out for you X
Old 07-07-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It make my heart sing for you, Amy!
Old 07-07-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Great update, amy! Glad things are going so well.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad things are going well, Amy. Thank you for the update.

Last edited by Maudcat; 07-07-2017 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-07-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very happy for you
Old 07-07-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So happy for you! What a great update.

HUGS!

(I can't wait to be a Grandma...but since my kids are only 19 and 23 I'm perfectly fine waiting a few more years )
Old 07-07-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love reading your updates, Amy! One of my favorite success stories!
Old 07-09-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great news amy. So happy for you.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You know, this is really strange for me. I know that I isolated myself, for me, I think that I had to. Perhaps a better way to say that was that I had to distance myself from some people for awhile. I had to "grow up". I did that with the help of everyone here.

I had another very good evening. I called my youngest daughter about next weekend and was prepared to leave a message, (because she doesn't always answer my phone call). She did. We had a very pleasant hour long phone call about the plans for renovation for the weekend, and I also asked her if she wanted me to bring all the pictures that I had. She loved that idea and said we can work in the day and look at the pictures at night. I always made 3 copies of all photo's, so she can take whatever she wants.

I was also contacted on fakebook by my ex's bil. He wants to come up to Pa to visit me with his wife (my ex's sister). They are thinking of moving up my way and wanted to look around here. I have been in contact and friendly with them since my son and dil's baby shower. They are still part of my family even though I am divorced from my ex.

I guess with that, does anyone see a downside here? I'm not really even sure that they speak to my ex anymore. Even if they do, I have nothing to hide. I grew up with them for 28 years. I have seen my ex's side of the family about 4 times since my divorce 6 1/2 yrs ago. They always tell me to keep in touch because I am still a part of their family. Any words of caution here, other then don't talk bad about him, because he is their blood relative? I can do that because quite simply, my ex doesn't live in my world anymore, and I can just focus on a relationship with them and their children.

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
and a big thank you to this community

amy
Old 07-10-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I love hearing this Amy! Such great news! I am so glad your other children eventually came around and can see what we see, the good and wonderful person that you are! Enjoy that baby every second, it goes way too quickly!