6 month update

Old 05-26-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 month update

It was a little over 6 months ago when I asked AH to leave. It was the hardest thing to do. I was so heartbroken. But now...

I have a court date in 3 weeks for a divorce. I never thought I would ever not being married to this man. But I am ready to move on with my life. I am done waiting around for him to stop drinking. Because of the kids we do see each other occasionally & it's kinda nice to see him sober but I know he's itching to get away from us to drink.

I wish I was able to just move far away from here & start over. But because of my youngest still in high school I can't.

Anyway, I hope the court day goes smoothly. I just want this to be all over.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope your court day goes smoothly also. It broke my heart to divorce my ex but it was so necessary.

Peace to you.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Trying, I never thought I'd divorce XAH either. I truly thought I'd found "the one", the man I'd be with forever. But when I looked at where we were after 20 years together, there was so little of what I wanted and no indication that there would ever be more...respect, honesty, consideration, shared goals--just not there.

I am almost 2 years post divorce and still a lot is changing every day as I learn who I am, what I can do, and how I can be of use.

I'm sorry for your sadness but glad for your courage in doing what you saw had to be done. Wishing you clarity and joy in the days to come.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Let me add that XAH was absolutely not interested in getting sober, either. I know we have a number of members here who fear that their spouse/partner's sobriety means the marriage will end, and I want to be perfectly clear here: Sobriety and recovery did not end the marriage, continued alcoholism did.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, Trying. Hope it goes well.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Let me add that XAH was absolutely not interested in getting sober, either. I know we have a number of members here who fear that their spouse/partner's sobriety means the marriage will end, and I want to be perfectly clear here: Sobriety and recovery did not end the marriage, continued alcoholism did.
In my case, my own sobriety DID end the relationship. In retrospect, I met my ex when I was still using. I never knew him sober until after we had split up.