Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

SOME ADVICE PLEASE - FALLING IN LOVE WITH A RECOVERING CROSS-ADDICT

SOME ADVICE PLEASE - FALLING IN LOVE WITH A RECOVERING CROSS-ADDICT

Old 01-12-2002, 10:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

!!!!!! Hell on Two Wheels,You Go Girl !!!! My beloved hosband is sweet, kind, and understanding. The mildest of drunks !!!! Not abusive physically and only mildly verbally. Just a weekender, pretty normal egh? Not even every weekend, still pretty normal egh? Im also ACOA, so it is sort of normal for me. Hes been in a fatal accident before, but I'll tell ya that dosn't stop him from drinking and driving. Yea if a person could be rational while they drink I could understand the possibility, but it is a lie. How then shall I embrace the other possible siarios, that in reality are just a matter of time? Another accident? A prison sentance? Him being crippled? Oh, yea and he comes from a very normal family, his mom or dad don't drink and didn't even drink while he was growing up. Hes never even been in treatment, and much less never gone to an AA meeting. My point is you'll problebly eventually hear that old broken record that the rest of us have gotten so use to hearing over and over "Im sorry" "I didn't mean to say that" "Im sorry" "What did I do?" "Im sorry" " Ill never do that again" "Im sorry" "I'll stop drinking" "Im sorry" And its really beautiful when they are sober, because they are such beautiful tender and unique sensitive people, it is what makes them falling off the wagon that much more tragic, and to love 'em means to accept both side of their personality, and to accept the choises that they make, that are all to often selfish