Post Final Divorce Hearing

Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Final Divorce Hearing

Hi,
It'll be almost 2 weeks, this Tuesday since final divorce hearing and my AH motion to get the DV order overturned.
No word yet, from the court. I really didn't expect anything before 3-4 weeks. What I'm surprised about is there is no word on the DV order. I know it remains in place.
I figured that might be something that would be decided more quickly!
Maybe, it's a good sign, that the judge is going to stand by the original decision to extend it for another yr, so will decide on the division of properties, and DV order at the same time. So doesn't feel the need to rush with a decision.
I'm just glad it's all over!!!
I feel so fortunate that, at least, that part is behind me, and I can start moving forward.
I'm sure, if the judge decides the house needs to be split, I'm hoping so, either my AH has to refinance, or it sold, my AH will fight it!!! I assume he can.
It's a waiting game now!
I'm doing well! I even saw a picture of my AH with his new girlfriend on FB. My AH doesn't have a page. It was on an old mutual friends of ours page. Didn't bother me at all!
All the feelings I had, was sadness for him, and for the gf, how stupid she is getting involved with a A. She was his gf, 30 years ago! She probably thinks she's getting that man!! Silly girl! I don't feel sorry for her at all! She was so angry and nasty at the divorce hearing!! It wasn't necessary! My thoughts are she has a rough road ahead, either she'll be dealing with a very physical ill man, and we do know my AH has mental health issues which have proven to be getting progressively worse! Thank you so much, no longer my problem!!
I'm so looking forward to spring! I am growing my flowers and vegetables from seed. My new seedlings are just sprouting!! Amazing!!!! The snow, after last weeks Northeaster is staring to melt!!
I'm just lovin it all!! Starting to finally breath, and see things for what they are, and appreciate what I do have!
In April, I'm going to my God nephew's wedding. All my family will be there. I'm really looking forward to it! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to afford it, but I'm going anyways. It's in Jamaica!! My daughter and I will be traveling together! My sister, who's not going will take my 2 dogs!
Life is moving forward and it is really feeling GOOD!!!! For the first time in a long time!

Z
Old 03-19-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
Life is moving forward and it is really feeling GOOD!!!! For the first time in a long time!
I am so very happy to hear this, Zircon! Thanks for taking the time to update us.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update, Zircon. You sound great!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Glad to hear life is looking so good right now! I hope you hear from the court, soon. Just remember, whatever the outcome, this great new life is YOURS. Whatever happens, nobody can take that away from you.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Zircon this is absolutely the BEST to hear how you're doing!!!! I am so happy for you!! I hope the newbies reading this look back at your old threads and see your journey and knows there is hope! You sound so happy and that wedding - WOW!!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi,
It'll be almost 2 weeks, this Tuesday since final divorce hearing and my AH motion to get the DV order overturned.
No word yet, from the court. I really didn't expect anything before 3-4 weeks. What I'm surprised about is there is no word on the DV order. I know it remains in place.
I figured that might be something that would be decided more quickly!
Maybe, it's a good sign, that the judge is going to stand by the original decision to extend it for another yr, so will decide on the division of properties, and DV order at the same time. So doesn't feel the need to rush with a decision.
I'm just glad it's all over!!!
I feel so fortunate that, at least, that part is behind me, and I can start moving forward.
I'm sure, if the judge decides the house needs to be split, I'm hoping so, either my AH has to refinance, or it sold, my AH will fight it!!! I assume he can.
It's a waiting game now!
I'm doing well! I even saw a picture of my AH with his new girlfriend on FB. My AH doesn't have a page. It was on an old mutual friends of ours page. Didn't bother me at all!
All the feelings I had, was sadness for him, and for the gf, how stupid she is getting involved with a A. She was his gf, 30 years ago! She probably thinks she's getting that man!! Silly girl! I don't feel sorry for her at all! She was so angry and nasty at the divorce hearing!! It wasn't necessary! My thoughts are she has a rough road ahead, either she'll be dealing with a very physical ill man, and we do know my AH has mental health issues which have proven to be getting progressively worse! Thank you so much, no longer my problem!!
I'm so looking forward to spring! I am growing my flowers and vegetables from seed. My new seedlings are just sprouting!! Amazing!!!! The snow, after last weeks Northeaster is staring to melt!!
I'm just lovin it all!! Starting to finally breath, and see things for what they are, and appreciate what I do have!
In April, I'm going to my God nephew's wedding. All my family will be there. I'm really looking forward to it! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to afford it, but I'm going anyways. It's in Jamaica!! My daughter and I will be traveling together! My sister, who's not going will take my 2 dogs!

Z
Thanks so much for posting this Zircon. It is so darn hard to get out of the cycle and some people never manage to do it. Each individual who can get healthy enough to enjoy spring is a win for our messed up world.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

THANK YOU!!!!!
Hi,
I would like to thank everyone of you personally for all the advice, support, and sharing of such personal things!! I never felt alone during all this, after I found this forum. I did feel very alone in my home when living with my AH.
I'm doing really well! Better than I thought I would! I have good and bad days.
It's been a really rough couple of years, hard to accept it all, but did.
I'm starting to become that happy, positive person I used to be!
Looking back now, I don't even recognize that woman anymore!!
I hope some of the new people do read my threads, and realize they might be in a dark place, but it's only their choices that will make them feel the light and be able to feel themselves breathe again.
And it truely is a process, that is hard to see when in the thick of it all!
I wish I was more articulate like most of the people on this forum, so I could do for others, like everyone has done for me!
I'll keep posting! I'm on here always a couple times a day! It's my lifeline!
Thank you!

Z
Old 03-19-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

HI Z- thank you so much for all your posting. It has helped me feel less alone and I am so happy you are feeling so good! I am not quite there yet but I see it coming now, partly because of your posts. Thank you!!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good stuff Z! So happy you are focusing on YOU!!!

Hugs!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

THANK YOU!!!!!
Hi,
I would like to thank everyone of you personally for all the advice, support, and sharing of such personal things!! I never felt alone during all this, after I found this forum. I did feel very alone in my home when living with my AH.
I'm doing really well! Better than I thought I would! I have good and bad days.
It's been a really rough couple of years, hard to accept it all, but did.
I'm starting to become that happy, positive person I used to be!
Looking back now, I don't even recognize that woman anymore!!
I hope some of the new people do read my threads, and realize they might be in a dark place, but it's only their choices that will make them feel the light and be able to feel themselves breathe again.
And it truely is a process, that is hard to see when in the thick of it all!
I wish I was more articulate like most of the people on this forum, so I could do for others, like everyone has done for me!
I'll keep posting! I'm on here always a couple times a day! It's my lifeline!
Thank you!

Z
Hey Z, being heartfelt, kind and having gone through your own flavor of the hell of codependency is waaaaay more important than being articulate . . . . heck, sometimes when I'm going through a tough time and am with someone I trust, I ask them to make sympathetic grunting sounds. That's all I need. Being articulate is over rated when supporting those who are suffering.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Z,
I am so happy for you. Your life is finally there for you to live!!

Fly high ,my friend, you deserve it!!