Free Meditation Session Starts Today

Old 10-31-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Free Meditation Session Starts Today

I really enjoy these. If trying meditation as part of your recovery hasn't happened yet, these are well produced. Each day is 20 minutes. You have access to each day for several days. So don't despair if you don't get going right away. Join up and just try it out. The theme this time is "Creating Peace from the Inside Out." Sounds like a good theme for codies.

https://chopracentermeditation.com/
Old 10-31-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, CodeJob--I signed up. I try not to miss these when they come around but didn't know about this one somehow.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just joined thanks, never tried before,,, but why not give it a shot
Old 11-01-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOVE these & totally forgot about it yesterday. My email reminder also came in very late last night for some reason, so I caught up this morning doing Day #1 & then 20 mins of yoga.

I have to say that it was a wonderful way to start my day so I may just keep going with it for the duration of the series this time around.

Doing these 21-day sessions is what helped me really learn HOW to meditate & showed me how easily I could sustain a daily practice if I prioritize it.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, holy cows--I got behind on the meditations but luckily they are available for 5 days after the day for which they are planned. I've been very scattered and just not feeling right for a while now, so I decided to use this weekend to improve both my inner self and outer surroundings.

I've been cleaning and organizing my house, one room/area at a time, in a mindful and careful rather than frenzied way, and taking breaks to sit down at my spinning wheel while listening to the daily meditations that I need to catch up on.

My dad called from Texas, and somehow we began to talk about the upcoming election, something I had strenuously avoided b/c he and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum and never the twain shall meet...it was a fairly contentious conversation, not angry as such, but I still found it upsetting.

Then, as luck/fate/God's will/the Universe would have it, I fired up the next meditation session and it was day 4, "Making Heart-to-Heart Connections." In the audio, Deepak said words to the effect of "we must bring in the light in order to vanquish the dark; we cannot win by fighting the dark." Beautiful, and really hit home for me.

A little later, when I moved on to day 5, this was in the journaling section:
Close your eyes and visualize yourself and the person you are disconnected from. Imagine a bond of the pure light of peace drawing you together. Watch as you slowly approach each other. If there is a bump or a negative feeling, sit quietly and let it pass. Don’t force anything, just proceed comfortably for a couple minutes. Now, journal about how this exercise made you feel – less angry, unburdened? Consider repeating this visualization each day, watching the two of you come closer every time. Eventually, imagine facing this person with mutual smiles. Can you actually embrace? That is your goal.

Wowie zowie--could this have come at a more appropriate moment? Kind of makes my hair stand up when stuff like this happens. It's like the Universe is acknowledging that I'm not all that bright and wants to be perfectly clear about what my lesson is, making sure I learn it.

Well. It has been a heck of a day so far! Thanks again to the OP for alerting me to this opportunity.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Went to the website tonight I'm in and will begin tomorrow
Old 11-07-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I got chills reading your post HP; this series is not at all what I expected. Days # 4 & #5 were very impactful & those EXACT sections that you quoted stuck out to me as well.

I fell behind & caught up on Day #6 this morning.... it's not too late for anyone to join in!