Made my final choice with newly sober boyfriend

Old 09-03-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made my final choice with newly sober boyfriend

So I posted earlier about my struggles with my newly sober boyfriend, and I finally decided to move out. Technically the place we lived at was a single room occupancy, so I was not allowed to live there. A notice came about people getting evicted if anyone spent nights there and I just couldn't take the stress. Me and him never talked about the state of our relationship. He did tell me he was feeling miserable and was just trying to not drink. I told him today I'm scared of him getting evicted and was going to move out Thursday and crash at a friend's place for a few months until I got my own place. All he said was "ok I don't care" in such a cold, emotionless way that I knew right then and there he did not care about me. I get he is recovering but I am looking out for myself and I'm not going to stand the way he treats me now.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good choice, MissEffy. It's always good to not accept being treated badly.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

MissEffy.....I agree that you have made a good choice.
After all, we teach people how to treat us.
I believe that you will feel your own power more when you have your own place.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good decision.

Originally Posted by MissEffy View Post
So I posted earlier about my struggles with my newly sober boyfriend, and I finally decided to move out. Technically the place we lived at was a single room occupancy, so I was not allowed to live there. A notice came about people getting evicted if anyone spent nights there and I just couldn't take the stress. Me and him never talked about the state of our relationship. He did tell me he was feeling miserable and was just trying to not drink. I told him today I'm scared of him getting evicted and was going to move out Thursday and crash at a friend's place for a few months until I got my own place. All he said was "ok I don't care" in such a cold, emotionless way that I knew right then and there he did not care about me. I get he is recovering but I am looking out for myself and I'm not going to stand the way he treats me now.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We always have a choice and you made a good one. Good for you. Keep moving forward!