Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 3

Old 08-30-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

OMG, firebolt! If I was required to do some hot yoga at the crack of dawn...I would demand to know what time I died....because, I must surely be in H***!

Lol...but, good for you. I admire y our ability.....
Old 08-30-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I am grateful because of a conversation I had with my grandfather, in which he seemed to understand why I can't have contact with my parents at the moment... thanked me for my open words... I love him so much. I wish we still had grandma with us, she was so good for him and everyone.

I am also grateful because I have an important exam tomorrow (4 hours) and I am not as anxious as I am usually, following the advice of my therapist and taking care of my part of the deal and not worrying too much about what the professor might think.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Seriously fire - I think you ARE my sista from another mista. Can't STAND Jillian - even while I can acknowledge her success in her field. Something about her irks me in a completely illogical way.

dandy - I used to do a 6am yoga class that went 90 mins long & I loved it! I haven't tried the hot version, but I'd be willing to try once.

This week, 2 clients have told me that they love me & that I've made a difference in their lives in some way. I'm so grateful that they took the time to share their gratitude - it was so humbling & touching!
Old 08-30-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FireSprite and Firebolt....(the Fire sisters)....I know that I am famous for my snarky comments about structured exercise.....and, much of it is tongue in cheek.
I do see the value and I have actually recommended it to some patients...lol....

It is weird...I am willing to hoe corn in the hot sun, all day long. I would stack bricks or pitch hay...I am willing to walk for miles....I used to play on a womans soccer team and loved it.....
but the idea of structured exercise seems so boring that I just can't motivate myself to do it....
Physical therapy for rehab purposes seems a little different (to me)///
go figure!

I do looove to watch my buns of steel video, though.....
Old 08-30-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Moving again, but this time not because I am running away from an A. I am getting a bigger place just because I want to have more room for my animals and me, and I am grateful today for being able to afford a bigger place and being patient enough to wait for it.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

I am actually very similar dandy! I'd rather play volleyball than hit a zumba class.

I think the disconnect for me is that I don't think of yoga as exercise - it's my self-work & yes, physical - but, really more about the focus on Self in every capacity for a dedicated time.

I love my walks - so long as I am alone & can do it as a Walking Meditation. When DD has acupuncture treatments, I spend the 20 mins running up & down the outside stairwells at the complex, lol.

I love my stepper - but that's because I can "trick" myself into exercising while I watch TV.

It's my biggest health management challenge - I won't stick to a routine & need to be able to change it up & keep it easy.

healthy - that's awesome, congrats!!!
Old 08-30-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

OK, firebolt, I am finding it VERY funny that you said it was too smoky outside and so you did "Yoga Inferno" inside....

Old 08-30-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Bahahaha - I'm dying HP!!

I love yoga - the Yoga Inferno is power yoga in 80 degrees - not hot yoga. I'm pretty sure I would die after vomiting in front of everyone in a 105 degree room....let alone the smell that I imagine develops with that much sweat in one room!

I never loved organized exercise either, but for some reason power yoga has stuck. I get some cardio, and my strength and balance has improved by leaps and bounds, PLUS, I swear, at the end, I feel like I've had a full body massage no matter how stressed my day was!

Who knew - add another dang hippie voo doo practice to my list of remedies.

OH - FS - gah, I could rant about Jilian all day...haha I think my anger towards her is what makes me keep up! Its the raw meat / kicked in the shins motivation idea.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

After spending most of the morning in impromptu meetings with every one of DD's teachers/counselors...... I am SO grateful for all that they do.

All this attention just to get her schedule as perfect as we can get it, every one of them looking for solutions & offering flexibility whenever possible. She's the only kid participating in every "program" & since they are scheduled for the same time blocks we've run into problems...... we got to a respectable solution (knowing sacrifice of some sort was inevitable).

The Vice Principal let me know that this will NOT happen again next year because she & I & DD will be sitting down in March to create DD's schedule & then working some of the other pieces around that. That will give us the entire spring/summer to work through any conflicts that arise.

I'm so grateful that they care *this* much.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Grateful to see a plant I've never seen "in the flesh" before. I took the dogs for a long walk at a nearby park today, since it was a coolish and pleasant afternoon and something white caught my eye. It was Indian pipe, a weird plant that has no chlorophyll and thus doesn't make its own food like green plants do. It is a saprophyte, absorbing nutrients from decaying plant matter.

Very strange looking, a little bit spooky the way it pokes out of the dark forest ground. It's maybe 3-4 inches high, to give some idea of size.

Apparently this can be made into a flower essence, and this is the action it claims to have: Activates rising above arguing, warring, resentment and grudges to see how each person, including yourself, is playing a role in a conflict that is providing lessons for your spiritual growth. From this perspective access forgiveness, personal peace, embody the lessons and step away from the drama.

Hmmm--did I encounter this plant that I've never seen before just randomly...?
Old 09-01-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

That is fascinating honeypig! I've never heard of this - how interesting that you just stumbled upon it!
Old 09-01-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

I'm thankful for this forum - the help, guidance, reassurance, straight-talk and tough love you all have given me over these past 4 years has been immeasurable. So thank you.

Also happy that the dripping humidity we've had for weeks finally got outta here overnight and we are having an absolutely gorgeous late-summer day in Central Ohio. Happy September!!
Old 09-01-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

OH - and VERY thankful that DS6 LOOOOVES first grade!
Old 09-01-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Honeypig, that plant is AMAZING!

Our family had a similar experience on a hike in the mountains where we grew up camping. Years and years at the same spot and we never saw a bitterroot flower until we 'randomly' stumbled upon one on a hike not long before my grandmother passed away. 'As well as being a symbol of pride to Montanans, the bitterroot flower is also the ultimate icon for re-birth and resurrection of spirit.'

Cool stuff, and I love the stories of how nature 'speaks' to all of us!

Grateful to head to those mountains this weekend with my family!
Old 09-01-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Thankful for:

My son
My church
My God and the peace He brings
My friends and family
This forum and the judgement free zone + realness it provides
Time with extended family coming up this weekend
Old 09-01-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

firebolt, thanks for sharing the story of the bitterroot and your grandmother; it's beautiful.

Ever since some folks here pointed out to me that the turtle that XAH and I rescued from a main highway and released into a pond on the day of our divorce had significance, I've been paying a lot more attention to signs from the natural world. Pretty amazing stuff!
Old 09-01-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

My cousin gave me some super bulky alpaca and wool yummy red yarn. I knit fingerless gloves with it. I love to just rub them against my face - gorgeous look and feel.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Oooooohhhh, BKA--alpaca makes some lovely yarn, doesn't it? Last spring when I was visiting my mom, we put some light tan Shetland wool, some pale beige alpaca, and the tiniest hint of light greeny-turquoise FireStar (a metallic synthetic fiber additive) on the drum carder and carded away. I spun some up and she knitted a little lovely soft swatch that had just the slightest glitter to it if the sun hit it right.

Happy knitting or crocheting, whichever is your bent!
Old 09-02-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, everyone!! A beautiful, cool, low humidity day in Central Ohio - beautiful sunrise - another day, another new beginning. Thank you, God, for being able to see it, smell it, walk in it, feel it.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Beautiful cooler morning here as well - grateful for DS's head cold going away, last workday before long weekend!