When someone makes you suffer

Old 05-23-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

^sounds just like my ex, or who he used to be, who he once was. Religious speaking, the sins of the father are reaped for generations....I pray daily my kids escape. I hope they can be the first generation to not have a dysfunctional childhood and become addicts. At least they are no longer suffering...just had to remove the problem, my ex.

Thank y'all for your responses-great, brilliant insights. Seriously-gave me a lot to think and pray about.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
Ok, I understand. Just like my sister probably has a personality disorder (Narcissism), I should feel more compassion than I do. It's just so hard not to take personally.
Hey Refiner, if you don't feel compassion for her yet that is fine. Saying you "should feel" in reference to any emotion is a bit wonky; a bit like saying you "should not bleed" when you have been cut.

I still have resentments for my sister but I have removed myself from being hurt by her. This helps. A lot.

Someone on here said being with an alcoholic/narcissist/addict is like sitting on a bench under a tree with lots of birds pooping on you. Birds do this just like alcoholics/narcissists/addicts emotionally crap on loved ones. (actually anyone in intense emotional pain does this) It is what they do.

Finding another bench to sit on helps AKA remove yourself from being hurt. And keeping in mind that what they do has nothing to do with you helps. But time and healing has to happen too, and time takes time.