Oh the irony....

Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh the irony....

My ex skips his phone call tonight-no notice, nada-par for the course. His batting average for anything relating to his children or his ex wife, me, is a big fat zero. My daughter brought home all her journals from school today since they're wrapping up another school year-on the front cover of her drawing journal are the words "Get well dad, I love mom". The irony of her showing her journal to me at the time her deadbeat dad skipped his call...wow. I know it is The Lord showing me to maintain compassion no matter what-and to not let my heart harden...and to never repay evil with evil....so after we read through her journal we asked that God get dad well. (After what he's done to her she still prays for him to get better....she is a good strong compassionate smart child of God and I'm just darn proud of her).

These moments, y'all. Wow.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ugh.

I can only say that you should be so proud of your wonderful daughter, and proud of yourself for rising above his terrible behavior and setting a good example for your children.

Hugs, many hugs.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This reminds me about something I read in one of Brene's newer books that still doesn't sit well with me most days...... she asks, do you think people are really doing their Best with what they have?... coming from her baseline perspective of thinking that No, people just suck & don't try, so No, they aren't doing their best, ever.

But what if they ARE? What if they are doing their very best today, based on who & what they are & what they are currently capable of? Does that help us to feel more accepting or compassionate for them?

I struggle with this, going back & forth depending on the day/situation.

Sounds like your DD has it down though, she makes it look easy!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a beautiful post, your daughter sounds compassionate, loving, and amazing. You must be one happy momma, and know, that you are her main role model so give yourself credit for the amazing daughter you are raising!

While her father might not be at his best, her mom is doing a damn good job! Watching how children react to the world truly gives me hope.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Children give me such hope....absolutely. Thanks , y'all-she is pretty awesome-but I would not have been the parent I am today without hitting my bottom and picking myself back up. She's seen me grow and change and fail and get back up and try again-and be open and truthful about all of it. Just amazed at how much our kids take in-you know? Just happy she's able to use her voice, tell the unabashed truth, but still be compassionate. Pretty neat.