Feel like I'm drowning....

Old 04-23-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lol!! They so are! All my married/partnered friends say the same thing.... They are always envious of me having my own wee home and being completely independent....

Time to figure myself out a bit, my "love interest" before the A was a meth addict....it says a lot to me now. That only lasted a couple of months but after coming here im learning ALOT about the whole codependent "thing".

I don't do any drugs, barely drink, don't smoke, and do a pretty ok job of looking after myself and yet I am drawn to very broken people.

Time to figure that one out lol
Old 04-23-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just ordered a book,
Codependent no more...
Old 04-23-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

they are quite handy for stubborn pickle jars......at least this one is.....he has the grip of a silverback......but really, how often does one need help opening a jar???

i like to see LOLs in your posts. you "sound" better.....like some of this scattered bits of you have come back home.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
they are quite handy for stubborn pickle jars......at least this one is.....he has the grip of a silverback......but really, how often does one need help opening a jar???

i like to see LOLs in your posts. you "sound" better.....like some of this scattered bits of you have come back home.
My son can open the jars

I felt a big sense of relief when I blocked him..... Kinda felt like "well that's sorted then, back to my life".

I was DREADING doing that but I'm slowly realising what feels right, usually is lol

Thank you anvil head xx
Old 04-23-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I know what you mean by "jumping from one relationship to another". I've done that my whole life! It took me a very long time to admit that the reason was because I could concentrate on someone else's happiness, instead of my own. I think deep down I hated myself and felt like I didn't deserve happiness, that it is selfish to focus on me. I think I was raised that way... to serve others. So, I was the perfect fit for being co-dependent. Now, I realize, though it is still a struggle to actually truly "believe" it, that I cannot love others fully and honestly if I don't love myself first.

I know that once I am out of my current relationship for good, that I will feel VERY lonely. I have always had others to take care of or just a boyfriend, etc. This is going to be a huge struggle for me, and I know it. I also know that I need to look in the mirror and tell myself "I love you" every day, until I actually believe it. I know that until I can be honest with myself in that way, I don't belong anywhere near a relationship. I shouldn't NEED to be in a relationship to prove my self-worth- to others and to myself.

When I finally get to the place of loving myself, I will be an AWESOME partner to someone and will have the self-worth to choose someone who will be an AWESOME partner to me. Lots of love to you!
Old 04-24-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caretaker88 View Post

When I finally get to the place of loving myself, I will be an AWESOME partner to someone and will have the self-worth to choose someone who will be an AWESOME partner to me. Lots of love to you!
Yes! I'm FINALLY starting to get the whole " don't look for the right person, BE the right person" thing. I want to work on ME.... Be selfish as all hell and just get busy becoming the cool, funny, badass chick that I KNOW I really am!

Let's both do that! Xxx
Old 04-24-2016, 01:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes! Like the make-up commercial "because I'm worth it". Does that commercial even exist anymore? I don't get around to watching tv... like, ever.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caretaker88 View Post
Yes! Like the make-up commercial "because I'm worth it". Does that commercial even exist anymore? I don't get around to watching tv... like, ever.
We are SO worth it

I watch far too much tv lol