More to be revealed - moving forward happy with just me

Old 03-15-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More to be revealed - moving forward happy with just me

Well I'm finally at a point in my life where I know I'll be ok going it alone...not looking for anyone and I guess not interested. I have a male friend I hang out with but since I'm trying to have a baby I haven't even tried to explore the possibility of that ever being more. I fully expect him to become more scarce once I'm pregnant (via IVF) and that's ok that's what's best for him.

I got the ok from the doctor the other day to try to implant one of my two embryos into me...I could have started right away but I opted to do two months of prenatal vitamins, exercise and healthy eating to maximize my chances. If this works it will be a true miracle baby boy (the boy is the riskier of my two IVF embryos). And if the boy isn't meant to be option 2 is I will pay a surrogate to carry my completely healthy girl embryo...and option 3 is a donor egg. This is the most important thing I've ever done in my life and it's about me and only me for once and not about the "man" I'm with or the "men" in my life.

So my life moves ahead without me obsessing over meeting a "man" or feeling a "man" is necessary for a healthy or happy life...I used to think that and hop from relationship to relationship...I couldn't imagine having left my exAH and just hopping to another relationship...I wanted to do that at first but now I realize how unhealthy that idea was/is (no matter how great the guy might have seemed). I feel like I used to base my happiness on having a "relationship" and now I see how silly that was and how unhappy it made me. Hopefully this is progress!

Will the baby be meant to be? I truly believe yes and I'm ok with waiting to see what's revealed. And if for some reason it doesn't happen that's ok too....another path will be revealed in that case (and not one dependent on a relationship with a man!).

Just felt like sharing...I know I'm one of the only two IVF ladies here but if anyone relates please share.

PS - for those not aware of my history this is my only chance at children due to my exAH situation and a cancer situation I have....so these are my two miracle embryos...more to be revealed on how the story ends.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pretty freaking cool Aeryn! I can't wait to hear about your journey through this!
Old 03-15-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aeryn, this is awesome! Thank you for sharing this about yourself. I admire your strength and think you will be one great mom!