help clearing the fog.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help clearing the fog.

So things are going along just dandily as I'm letting things slide, not causing conflict (causing?), and doing as he pleases (not as I please).

But once I start to stand up on my own, gain some ground, voice my needs/wants, then the screaming/yelling/blaming comes out... and thats abuse. Correct? Thats basically my sign saying, he hasn't changed. He is only keeping the calm while you do what he wants you to do. Once you step "out of line" then the calm breaks and its all.your.fault.

Then once I back down, the "peace" comes back. He is overly nice almost enough to make me question if that episode really just happened.

Am I seeing/reading into this correctly?
Old 02-18-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yes, you are. Trust what you see and hear.

And remember, right now your own safety is WAY more important than standing up for yourself to him. You can stand up for yourself by getting safely OUT of this environment, but don't risk your own well-being by making speeches or openly defying him. You gotta be clever and stay under the radar until you are safely OUT.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree LexieCat. And proving my point with him is pointless anyways. No matter what, its MY fault. The abuse is all a consequence of the "terrible" things I have done. Thanks for your input as always. : )
Old 02-18-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He's an abuser and a bully. Do not feed into it.

Keep moving ahead ... You are almost there!!
Old 02-18-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

amartin....I just went back and reviewed you previous posts....
When it is said that a p icture is worth a thousand words....the picture that you daughter drew is worth ten million words....that picture says it all!

If I were you...I would put it some place safe....so that you can keep your eyes on the goal.......

dandylion
Old 02-18-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, you do not wear the FOG-tainted glasses anymore. It is exactly what you think it is.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep-to everything said above. I wore the fog glasses for years-he will most likely accuse you of anything-again, it's your fault for being too (fill in the blank), over sensitive, etc. HE is the problem-the bully and the abuser-and most of the time these guys don't change (ask me how I know!!). Keep moving forward and be safe !!
Old 02-18-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Gain your ground in secret. Save your strength and be safe. It's only for a little while longer.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all!!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by armartin View Post
So things are going along just dandily as I'm letting things slide, not causing conflict (causing?), and doing as he pleases (not as I please).

But once I start to stand up on my own, gain some ground, voice my needs/wants, then the screaming/yelling/blaming comes out... and thats abuse. Correct? Thats basically my sign saying, he hasn't changed. He is only keeping the calm while you do what he wants you to do. Once you step "out of line" then the calm breaks and its all.your.fault.

Then once I back down, the "peace" comes back. He is overly nice almost enough to make me question if that episode really just happened.

Am I seeing/reading into this correctly?
If you can't voice your needs and wants without a scuffle of sorts that is a big problem and no way to live happily... Sorry this recurs...