Were there ever any good times?

Old 01-26-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Were there ever any good times?

What a timely response-this has been weighing heavy on my heart lately-as y'all have seen from my posts/threads. This came to me just in time. I don't know that in the past I would have believed it-I was too entrenched in denial and my ex had me convinced and brainwashed that everyone hated me and that I was crazy and my eyes were not wide open to the monster my ex had become, but I believe it now. Thought y'all would relate to this as well-yes, it has a Christian slant but the premise and logic is spot on. Kind of hard to swallow that the good times weren't good at all-they were just fillers for in between the awful times. Eyes seeing clearly, thanks to y'all and recovery and much support.

There Weren?t Really ANY ?Good Times? With an Abuser | A Cry For Justice

Peace to you today!
Old 01-26-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And btw-just have to give a total recommendation for this blog-A cry for justice. It's hands down been one of the most helpful things to travel through recovery from the abuse-the creator of it has a fascinating story. I would recommend it to anyone suffering.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This was hard for me to accept, that the "good" that seemed to be there was really just another part of the cycle. If they were abusive ALL the time, no one would stick around. The seeming good was what kept me hooked in so hard for so long. I thought if he'd just get sober that the good part would be all the time. I couldn't see the pattern until I stepped out of the cycle for awhile, away from his sphere of influence.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is very true. Hard to accept at first, but a healing thought in the end. My AH has always been abusive now that I think of it. Sad thing is that to some people he still looks like an angel with those blue eyes. But I do not think I have ever dealt with a more rotten character.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lady-yep. So very true.