Maybe I need to change my user name

Old 01-22-2016, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Maybe I need to change my user name

Hello, I have not been on this site for awhile but I wanted to stop in and just say how much this site and everyone's stories and encouragement meant to me, and still do! I was really struggling for awhile there with my AH, and finally got out. It's been a little over two years since the divorce, and although I'm still trying to dig out of some of the debt I was left with as a result, things are getting better. My home is more peaceful, and me and exAH actually get along pretty decently. He still drinks. I still encourage him to get help, but it doesn't affect me the way it did.
I know his drinking could still affect us, in the fact that we share children together, but right now, things are ok.
I hope to visit this site more often, and perhaps offer encouragement to those who are still in the middle of it all.
I'm no longer onefootoutdoor. I have both feet out and I'm making strides.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Keep on steppin', brotha.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, I hope you do post some more, I'd love to hear from you. I very much relate to "one foot out the door" in my life. Very stressful. I'm glad for you that things have got more sorted.
xx
Old 01-23-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi! I love the idea of you changing your name. Just an aside as your name brings up a memory-I recall during the divirce my soon to be ex husband emailed my parents telling them that our marriage couldn't survive bc I had been making plans to leave and had one foot out the door-yes, it was my fault. Needless to say I too have both feet out re door and have never been happier to be free.
Kudos to you and keep coming back
Old 01-24-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks for the post. my AH recently moved out and I'm looking forward to finally being at peace with all of it. But I wanted to say, that I LOVE your signature line so much I wrote it in my journal:
"You can love someone so much it makes you cry, but the one who loves you won't make you cry."
Thank you for that!!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

^ I like that one, too...it makes me think about how many times my ex made me cry-purposely and then made fun of me for crying. That's not love. I'm going to print this one out and stick it in my journal. And Amy-you'll find your peace.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
So what's the new name going to be? I like Bothfeetoutdoor.

This feels kind of like a graduation. There should be cake, and a party.

Congratulations!
Old 01-29-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all! I should look into if I could change my user name and still retain my posts! I guess when I made it, the reality that I would actually get out wasn't real enough.
I wanted to share my experience because I understand that feeling of 'not wanting to end it, but wanting to at the same time' and show others that if you can just look ahead to that light at the end of the tunnel, you will one day get there! Just put one foot in front of the other!
My situation was not as bad as others, but it still warranted getting out of it, and the only thing I regret is that my exAH couldn't fight his way out of the alcohol.
Good luck to everyone battling this! I hope you (and your children) find the peace you REALLY DO deserve!