Asked for a sign and got it!

Old 10-25-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Asked for a sign and got it!

Well, the past year of finding out about my husband's alcoholism, my son going to college, my daughter moving to the other side of the country, my stepfather and grandmother dying, and then my husband saying he's leaving me after 25 years has been quite a doozy!!! But between my yoga, my therapist, this site and my friends, I've been surviving and have become quite spiritual (not necessarily religious, but spiritual). I do know there is a lesson in all of this and it's my journey to go on.

So today, while we sat outside and went over what he was going to tell our son, and was being so emotionally void and cavalier about the whole thing, I looked up to the sky. I was getting more and more annoyed, sad, down on myself, going down a bad slippery slope. I looked up to the sky and said in my head "God, please, show me a sign, any sign at all, that I will be ok. That I will get through this on the other side and will be alright. A sign that I will understand. Please, God, help me out." And within that moment, two hawks started circling right where I was looking for a little while and then circled right over my head.

I ran inside to my computer and googled for the meaning. WELL...hawks are the messenger of God. They are a protector and visionary. Keen vision is one of its greatest gifts. Hawks see things that others miss.

It said: The hawk comes to you indicating that you are now awakening to your soul purpose, your reason for being here. It can teach you to fly high while keeping yourself connected to the ground. As you rise to a higher level, your psychic energies are awakening and the hawk can help you to keep those senses in balance. Its message to you is to be open to hope and new ideas, to extend the vision of your life.

I sat at my computer in disbelief. And turned my chair to look out my office window. And there on the grass, two feet away from me outside, was a hawk. Just staring at me. I have NEVER seen a hawk up close before or not flying! Crazy.

So....how about them apples?! It sure showed me that if you open your mind to something, and really believe, you will become the change! Ask and you shall receive!! I am now ready to start healing even more and am looking forward to the next great phase in my life.

Amazing.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

what a terrific story! you must still be thunderstruck!

so here's the thing....we GET signs all the time, the problem is so much of the time we aren't present, aware and OPEN. you were READY for the message! what a special gift.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AnvilheadII you are so right. So much is about being present and aware and open. I feel like I've been shut down for so many years just trying to protect myself and everyone around me from my husband's drinking. I've been the safety net for everyone in my life except for me. And with this all coming to a head I feel like I'm able to let go of that net and get moving on my life.

And it's true what you say because my husband was sitting right next to me and if I asked him right now if he saw the hawks I'm sure he'd say no, I'm sure he didn't even notice them. Anyway, they were there for me!
Old 10-25-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amy-reading this gave me goosebumps. Glad you were open to hear-what a blessing!!!! You are on the right course...you know that....but it sure is nice to get some divine reassurance sometimes, eh?!

I continually pray to have ears to hear Him and to be open to His guidance and will pray the same for you today!
Old 10-25-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is amazing and powerful and inspiring to me. I struggle with why most times I am unable or unwilling to be open and present to more of these signs or to trust my higher power/consciousness. I know it is there, because I get glimpses, but why I guard myself or put up barriers to this type of presence still is something I am working on figuring out...
Curious since you shared this or for others, how did you come to be more open to this presence and these signs?
Old 10-25-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, reading that gave me chills.... Awesome!
Old 10-25-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Uplifting. I think what really helped me a great deal was yoga and meditation and really finding the right guides for those two areas. One thing I've really worked on is the fact that fear and faith cannot reside in the same dwelling. When my husband said he was leaving fear paralyzed me. Fear and the what ifs. But through my guides, my therapists and this site, I realized I was going to be okay. And that this is the path that I was meant to travel. To try and fight it would only be a losing battle. I feel that the higher powers have more to say about this than we do! I also learned that I am not my emotions. I am not defined by them. I've learned to look at things from my higher self. And not react so much.

Trust me, I am still a huge work in progress. But I think when I realized my husband really was leaving, I had no choice but to have faith. It was the only thing that would get me through it. To keep living in fear was getting me nowhere. I had to really turn to faith (not a religious faith for me, more that my higher power was in control of the situation and I would be ok).

Codependent No More was also a great help as was Letting Go Now. Both of these books spoke to me tremendously and helped me see my part in this, and what to do and how to look at things differently to change ME. Nobody else.

I also realized I was placing so much focus on him, not on me. All of these little things started to add up to allowing me to see that there was something bigger at work here than just me. And then I started praying after I meditated (I never prayed a day in my life until about 2 months ago). But the more I prayed and asked for signs and the more I asked my higher power to carry me through this really hard time, I started to let go a little more each day.

It has been a process, a ton of work, and I still have a VERY long way to go. And I still, obviously, ask for signs and for help. But I feel more confident that I'm being guided by something bigger than me that has a plan set in place for all of us. That alone gives me peace and the ability to let go.

And if you are getting glimpses, than you are there. Little by little you will open up more and become more aware. In one of the books the author says you can choose to say to yourself "I choose peace over this" and that is also what I started to do when I saw myself getting wrapped up in his nonsense. You are getting there. Have faith, keep being positive, tell yourself each morning how wonderful, beautiful and worthy you are and keep moving forward.

Not sure that answered your question, but I hope I was able to offer a little help. I also hope you are able to get as much support from these awesome folks on this site as I have. This has been a true blessing, just finding the site and being able to post and read other's comments. It will all unfold for you. Just open your heart to it.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Finding Amy--that helped tremendously, thank you! And makes a lot of sense. So glad to hear that this is working for you, and makes me realize the more I keep on this path, helped guided by this forum for sure, my therapy, and other new healthy and spiritual aspects of my life that I am starting to embrace than it will be ok... I never ever thought I would embrace meditation and a higher truth/power. I have been in denial for soo long and living with fear and the need to control, and I love what you said about fear and faith not being able to reside together. I will keep that in the forefront. Big help, thank you! And peace to you as you wait for your new chapter to unfold soon...
Old 10-25-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anything can be a sign of whatever God you need to find. As long as it makes you feel comfort, is what matters.

Find peace anywhere you can, you have had a very tough year.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Very awesome.

I believe God sent me signs that I asked for for years, I was just not willing to open my eyes and see what I did not want to see, or was too afraid to act on.

God is good. XXX
Old 10-26-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yep - GOOSEBUMPS!!
Old 02-05-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bump.

For anyone who is looking for a sign.... ask. Expect to see. Getting your emotions into play is a GRAND thing with this.

Our spiritual connections are emotional ones.