God is so good

Old 10-11-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God is so good

At Church this morning one of the older men came up and gave me a hug-looked at me and said, "I hear your ex hisband is drinking himself to death-I'm so sorry". He said he had heard around town and understood that's why we were dicorced. I agreed. He said it was obvious from my exs family that alcohol was a weakness. I agreed. He told me that he and many others were praying for him and that it was obvious I had tried everything I could to help and made the right decision for my family. I cried and agreed. I thanked him for praying for my ex.
This older man just happens to be the father of my exs first high school girlfriend so they go wayyyy back. I've never spooked a word to him about the situation but it was awesome hearing him devoted in prayer. I walked away remembering something that Dandy said on this board-as long as he's alive he has a chance to get sober. There are so many people praying for him, my friends, family, and my Church-fighting with prayer.
My weakness was alcohol too, and tobacco and fear-fear of standing up for myself. I used to cover up my fear and to deal with the guilt and shame of my drunk decisions. Best thing I ever did was lay down my pride and admit to God my weaknesses and ask Him to lead me-that was three years ago. I listened and followed. God is so good!

Just wanted to share with y'all to never forget to pray for your ex, AH, etc. Prayer releases you from hate and resentment and keeps your eyes on God.

Peace y'all!
Old 10-11-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i'm glad you have such a kind loving church group.....
Old 10-11-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

^^ thank you! I agree! Very blessed.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One of the hardest things for me to accept is the people who have hurt me are also children of God too. So if I desire forgiveness, I also have to forgive. Great positive share. Thank you!!
Old 10-11-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Absolutely!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I like your story because we sometimes assume that others don't understand or are blaming us, and then we find out that's not true at all. I'm so glad he took the time to talk to you.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Forgiveness is what its al about! Amen, and glad to hear this!
Old 10-12-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't know if he or anyone else blames me or understands-nor do I care-I know I made the right decision for my kids. Peace y'all!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hmmm....realization with this post that my ex still has nothing better to do than follow my posts on this site. Sad. Maybe if he focused on himself instead of me he would be sober. Peace y'all-have a blessed Monday!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think these unsolicited validations are incredible. You didn't even NEED to hear any of that right now & that's part of makes it so beautiful for me.

It's like a guidepost along your journey that says, "Yes, you're going the right way! Just thought you should know, have an amazing day! "
Old 10-12-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

^^ yes...God continues to reveal. Thank you, FS!